Zombie Bullets: U.S. Ammo Producers Cash In on Zombie Apocalypse Fears

Via RT:

Zombie fascination is also bouncing around the internet, recently becoming the third most-popular search term on Google. Conspiracies and expectation of the Zombie Apocalypse have even forced the US Center for Disease Control to address the American public and deny the threat.

A weapon against zombies is being sold across the US after a series of cannibal attacks shocked the country. The largest independent producer of bullets in the world says their Zombie Max ammunition is a response to the flesh-eating crimes.

Hornady Manufacturing Company, an American maker of ammunition and hand-loading components has decided to cash in on current zombie terror. Zombie Bullets are designed for those who want to be ready and fully-equipped for what the company calls “a Zombie Apocalypse.”…

Read More: RT

20 Comments on "Zombie Bullets: U.S. Ammo Producers Cash In on Zombie Apocalypse Fears"

1. as Dale explained I am startled that you able to earn $9679 in 4 weeks on the computer. did you read this web site http://1url.com/Vio

2. That’s some fucked up shit right there, bro.

3. PertAndPopular | Jun 8, 2012 at 12:16 pm |

That’s it god damn it…What the fuck is this shit? It’s gone too fucking far. First off, you don’t need special bullets and second, look at the millions and millions of zombies in America..You stupid, mindless drones. Too bad it’s illegal to use non-special ammo on all of you. That’s it…I’m joining the military, martial law is coming and I’m gonna be leading it.

4. vikingwarbrides | Jun 8, 2012 at 12:47 pm |

Anyone that knows their zombie 101 knows that the only way to stop a zombie is to disconnect head from body…  A 1-2% target.  Also, the production of bullets will probably cease after it gets rolling.  Although bullets are nice, it is far better to make halberds, spears, machetes and learn how to use them.  They are not dependent on non renewable sources and much more effectively do the job.

(Kidding aside, I am a huge George Romero and Tom Savini fan, so I have watched plenty of zombie movies in my time.  :))

5. Apathesis | Jun 8, 2012 at 6:09 pm |

This ammo has been out for a while, well before any junkie ate some poor homeless sap’s face…

6. Redacted | Jun 8, 2012 at 6:51 pm |

I heard if you bite a zombie they turn back into a normal person.

7. I’ve got to admire the Americans ability to turn anything into a profit. Selling special zombie killing bullets to those who want to be prepared for the zombie apocalypse? Genius.

8. Haystack | Jun 8, 2012 at 8:09 pm |

Zombies are quickly becoming the pet rock of the 2010’s.

9. charlieprimero | Jun 8, 2012 at 10:04 pm |

I bought some of this in .223 for Christmas.  It’s loaded really hot, like 3,800 feet per second.  It runs well, even with the plastic tip.   Only problem is that it costs a dollar per round.

• I was wondering what the difference was between this Z-Max and the normal Hornady stuff.

I wasn’t sure if it was a hot load, or frangible bullets, or what was going on with it and a look through their website didn’t really turn up much of an explanation for how this differed.

• Mikesmith | Jun 9, 2012 at 2:48 am |

Most of Hornady’s stuff is decent.  Loading your own ammo is still king especially if you are good at it.  Bottom line is a target is not going to know whether it got hit by a .45, .22 or .308 especially if it is dead.  Hornady is cashing in on the people who don’t know any better .  After all the disclaimer next to their website ad  just kills me:  THIS IS LIVE AMMUNITION NOT A TOY !

• charlieprimero | Jun 9, 2012 at 6:13 am |

I think this stuff is the same as any hot, expensive self-defense .223.  The plastic tip is pale green, and there are kitchy “zombie defense tips” on the box.  I bought it as a novelty gift to go along with the AR I gave my Mom for Christmas.
          “Zombies” is a great metaphor for the idiots who will cause trouble when the U.S. can’t borrow any more money to bribe oldsters to vote, and poor people to stay drunk and lazy.

10. Looks like the US is full of mindless zombies already.

11. deadhappi | Jun 9, 2012 at 2:19 am |

doesn’t matter, killing the walking dead is a little redundant. start shooting fundamentalist….. of every variety.

12. Anarchy Pony | Jun 9, 2012 at 3:02 pm |

Come on you guys! Do you actually think that they are serious? It’s just a novelty product.

13. Bob_Robert | Oct 8, 2012 at 12:41 pm |

When Republicans are in the whitehouse, it’s Vampires.

When Democrats are in the whitehouse, it’s Zombies.

14. Bob_Robert | Oct 8, 2012 at 12:41 pm |

When Republicans are in the whitehouse, it’s Vampires.

When Democrats are in the whitehouse, it’s Zombies.