NYPD Paints Over Apartment Building’s Political ‘Murderers’ Mural

Doesn’t it kind of constitute vandalism for the police to deface the entire side of a property with black paint against the owner’s wishes? New York Magazine explains:

New York City graffiti artist Alan Ket has the permission of an Inwood building owner to paint freely on their outside wall, but the NYPD doesn’t care. DNAinfo reports that the department sent two plainclothes officers to cover up his latest mural yesterday, calling it a “bad idea.” The art featured the text “We know the real … Murderers,” the last word blown-up and bullet-ridden, surrounded by tombstones for various controversial organizations: McDonald’s, Halliburton, Shell Oil, Bank of America, that kind of thing. Oh, and the NYPD is in there too.

“I can’t confront them, because I don’t want problems,” said the building’s owner in Spanish. “There is no freedom of expression. It’s a bomb, and now here I am in the middle of a bomb.”

Read More at New York Magazine

17 Comments on "NYPD Paints Over Apartment Building’s Political ‘Murderers’ Mural"

1. DeepCough | Jul 27, 2012 at 11:59 am |

“There is no freedom of expression.” Y’all have any civil rights in New York anymore?

• Anarchy Pony | Jul 27, 2012 at 12:31 pm |

If they still do, I doubt they will for much longer. Hard times are here to stay(and get worse), and how do governments cope with hard times? By planting a boot on the populaces’ neck.

• DeepCough | Jul 27, 2012 at 6:00 pm |

“EDIT: Of course I shouldn’t exactly say government, I really should say establishment.”

But, Pony, don’t you see? They’re the same thing!

2. They should find out which officers were involved and press charges for vandalism.

3. Liam_McGonagle | Jul 27, 2012 at 1:07 pm |

I used to pass that place every day on my carpool to JPMorgan Chase.

It made Jamie Dimon cry.

• Anarchy Pony | Jul 27, 2012 at 2:37 pm |

If only it made him kill himself.

• Isn’t he the smug, arrogant bastard though!  His time will come…..the banks are already in trouble for the way they’ve been doing business for years.

4. Cmon on now, although this isn’t really tagging, the style of the mural is indicative of it. If there’s anything taggers or mural graffiti artists are use to it’s this. Do it again, and again and again…..

5. 6Blackie6 | Jul 27, 2012 at 2:49 pm |

I was assaulted and arrested by Vancouver police for my political spraypainting. But I guess that’s what happens when you cross the Corporatocracy!

• Jesus Borg | Jul 27, 2012 at 5:20 pm |

You should learn parkour.

• Anarchy Pony | Jul 27, 2012 at 6:32 pm |

I saw this doc on graffiti artists, with lots of amateur video, and the cops caught this one guy, and he bolted and they were chasing him and he did a wall jump/vault up over a high embankment and got away. It was awesome.

6. buffalo beano | Jul 27, 2012 at 11:03 pm |

What is to be expected from the Bloomberg Jew GOONS , and the 1% Wh0r#S ..

7. buffalo beano | Jul 27, 2012 at 11:06 pm |

The faster Americans throw out all these JEW PIGS , out of our Governing system , the faster America can take care of Homegrown Americans , not pissed off tagged and Numbered  elected Officials ..

8. Repaint the mural then send the local constabulary a letter (cc the press)  saying that if they show up to paint over it again without a court order you’ll be forced to defend your property by whatever means necessary.

Then when they come back to do it again, blow their fucking brains out.