Face of Jesus Appears In Tree Stump In Belfast Cemetery

I’ll admit that I usually mock earthly sightings of the image of the Christian savior, which most often involve fast food. However, the sudden appearance of Jesus’s face on the stump of a newly felled tree in Belfast City Cemetery in Northern Island, revealing the presence of the holy in nature, is kind of awesome:

20 Comments on "Face of Jesus Appears In Tree Stump In Belfast Cemetery"

1. lifobryan | Aug 21, 2012 at 5:49 pm |

Wow – thanks for posting this! When I saw the headline, I was already concocting some snarky comment about the Jesus-on-a-taco phenomenon … but then I read your last line:

“revealing the presence of the holy in nature”

That’s such a beautiful way to look at this – thank you.

2. That’s not Jesus. Its Gary “Bababooey” Dell’abate  from the Stern Show. Joseph Smith told me so…

3. Osama Back From The Dead | Aug 21, 2012 at 6:04 pm |

I always laugh at the ‘Savior Depictions’, considering they didn’t have camera’s back then. He looks like Osama Bin Laden to me, lol. Anything that has a beard and long hair is the Alpha sneaking into our world to inspire us to…to…to…have a media frenzy, I guess.

4. Finally the proof I’ve been looking for. Thank you Jesus for appearing to us.

5. not that it ain’t cool and all, but that doesn’t look particularly newly felled to me.

6. DeepCough | Aug 21, 2012 at 6:40 pm |

Anyone ever come to the conclusion that the face on that stump could be any “Jesus?”

7. Calypso_1 | Aug 21, 2012 at 7:38 pm |

Several millennia ago…  ‘Oh look! It’s Rynwelyn the Druid. I’d wondered what he’d been doing with himself.’  “That oaf never did pay much attention in tree transmogrification class.  He should have stuck to hares & salmon…rather good at those.”

8. mole_face | Aug 21, 2012 at 8:49 pm |

Obviously a coincidence, unless the “Jesus” they’re referring to is a fat bearded hispanic guy.

I’m agnostic, but stuff like this is always blatant bullshit. It’s like all those occurrences of stigmata that supposedly happened throughout history, even though it would’ve been physically impossible to suspend someone for long via nails through their palms.

9. For any and all who have gazed upon this with certitude, Pray tell, what is your source for the countenance of The Christ?
    (The holy in nature? Why should that even be necessary? Nature is, either you get that or you don’t))

10. Irving Greenfield | Aug 21, 2012 at 10:04 pm |

SELL IT ON E-BAY!!!

11. BrianApocalypse | Aug 21, 2012 at 11:29 pm |

Christ’s miracles aren’t as good as they used to be. I prefer his old stuff.

12. Why is it always Jesus and not some other guy?

13. Thom Vane | Aug 22, 2012 at 2:30 am |

It looks like someone burnt that into the stump with the side of a grubby chainsaw.

14. Simiantongue | Aug 22, 2012 at 3:35 am |

ö <– A face. ☼ <– A bug.  The "miracle" isn't in the grilled cheese sandwich or tree stump. It's in the power of our minds to fashion patterns out of the static of sensory input.

See pareidolia, apophenia and hierophany

15. Irving Greenfield | Aug 22, 2012 at 7:18 am |

Sell it on E-Bay!

16. Gregory Wyrdmaven | Aug 22, 2012 at 9:07 am |

Yes, but when you look at it upside down, it looks like the Batman as drawn by Sergio Aragones.  http://www.dccomics.com/collectibles/batman-black-white-batman-by-sergio-aragones-statue

17. It looks like Bin Laden.

18. Johnny Chingas | Aug 23, 2012 at 12:33 pm |

You hoaxers should have stenciled in Satan, it would have been funnier! I mean Satan from South Park.