Breaking the Set with Abby Martin

RT America’s new show Breaking the Set with Abby Martin to hit the air starting September 4th. Don’t miss it!

There are way too many rules set in society that prop up the establishment – an establishment that works to divide and conquer the people. Breaking the Set is a show cutting through that pre-established narrative which tells the people what to think and what to care about.

Tune in from 6-6:30 EST M-F on your local cable station or watch live at RT.com/usa

Subscribe to Breaking the Set’s channel here: http://www.youtube.com/breakingtheset

Follow Abby on twitter: https://twitter.com/AbbyMartin

, , , , , , , , , ,

19 Responses to Breaking the Set with Abby Martin

1. No_one September 4, 2012 at 11:40 pm #

I have no idea what demographic this was targeted at, but it sure wasn’t me. It just seemed like a “hip cool sexy” political dissidence thing with nothing of substance to say. I don’t think I was just distracted by the method it was presented.
    It’s like they’re trying to make a middle-ground that is as full of superficial talking points as the official parties. It’s not like the official parties don’t have positive sounding talking points that they then ignore when elected. Maybe if we’d discuss the real issues instead of just mentioning what they are we could make progress.

• Mac Ambo September 5, 2012 at 3:26 am #

It’s a promo, a PROMO. Watch it for a month – then give it a critique. Only one show has aired, hardly enough content to be coming to any hard fast conclusions, my man… or woman…

• Calypso_1 September 5, 2012 at 9:39 am #

A month? Nah, those shoes didn’t work for me.

• Brian Fellow September 5, 2012 at 10:29 am #

Agreed, loose those shoes Abby..

2. Ceausescu September 5, 2012 at 1:27 am #

Tits or GTFO !

• Aradser September 5, 2012 at 12:52 pm #

You’re a piece of filth.

• Drensor September 5, 2012 at 2:00 pm #

Hey, everyone like boobs!

3. JaceD September 5, 2012 at 1:30 am #

I don’t think America’s Next Top Model should be condoning vandalism.

4. Monkey See Monkey Do September 5, 2012 at 6:19 am #

Hmm corporate run media or government run media? decisions decisons.

5. Camron Wiltshire September 5, 2012 at 6:42 am #

Kudos Abby!  Anyone who knows your work knows you don’t pull punches and have paid your dues as an indymedia producer and journalist for sometime.  Glad you have a larger stage for your good work.  Looking forward to your show.

6. Uninfected September 5, 2012 at 9:54 am #

Hate commercials. Thanks Disinfo. How about some substance!?!

7. Gil Scott-Heron September 5, 2012 at 11:41 am #

I guess I was wrong.

8. jasonpaulhayes September 5, 2012 at 11:49 am #

Keep MEDIA ROOTS Alive !

9. Infvocuernos September 5, 2012 at 5:39 pm #

If they really wanted to “break the set”, they could try doing it without using sex to sell it.  Its one thing for a woman to take a little pride in her appearance, but that whole lipstick scene with the close up was pretty blatant.

10. Apathesis September 5, 2012 at 8:19 pm #

Man, I love a woman with a defined jawline and shapely legs.  M’m! M’m! Good!

11. Kath September 5, 2012 at 8:55 pm #

You go girl!

12. Scott September 6, 2012 at 1:26 pm #

I applaud what I HOPE your approach is and most of what I saw was on point.  I do questions Manny’s statement regarding Obama versus Romney sounded like political preference.  It would be so refreshing if you guys could simply expose that facts and the people involved, avoiding political preference.  Yes, expose them all !   But comparing them should be out of bounds, unless you want to format it like Hero’s and Villians (Loved that).  How about a political thumbs up and thumbs down for all parties on newsworthy items that main stream media avoid.  ,

13. Bill June 27, 2013 at 4:19 pm #

The recent bizarre (and suspicious)
    death of one of the few investigative
    reporters in the US. He was investigating the NSA.

14. Darmok January 8, 2014 at 12:07 pm #

The program on the Pine Ridge reservation was on point and important. That was engaging, relevant and fact-based reporting. Kudos, Martin.