Powerful testimony from former death row inmate Damien Echols, one of the West Memphis Three. Echols’ memoir, Life After Death, was published earlier this month.

15 Comments on "Damien Echols: ‘I had no hope in the legal system whatsoever. I knew that if they had their way they would murder me.’"

1. Simiantongue | Sep 30, 2012 at 7:04 pm |

Latter day witch hunt. Still looking to blame the occult. It was very ironic that, especially in the public venue, all someone had to do was point a finger and yell “Satan” and that seemed to explain everything.

• Matt Staggs | Sep 30, 2012 at 7:20 pm |

Speaking of Satanic Panic, have you seen “Witch Hunt”? It’s a documentary about a child abuse case in Bakersfield, CA in the 80s. Highly recommended.

• Simiantongue | Oct 1, 2012 at 3:12 am |

Sounds interesting, I recall years ago reading about a case in Kern county California but not Bakersfield. I’ll look it up thanks.

I live in MA we had our own version in the 80’s and 90’s. Our current attorney general is a big fan of abusing authority and witch hunts. The Baystate is supposedly a paragon of progressive liberal intellect. pffft ha ha haaaaa!

Strange that there hasn’t been one case reported here since that scare. So, either the supposed hordes of satan worshipers living here in Massachusetts either collectively laid off the kiddies all at the same time,  or it has something to do with the way police and prosecutors adopted new proven methods of interrogating children that doesn’t induce memories of robots, demons and squirrels raping them.

Of course the prosecutors here still stand by their evidently flawed cases that built their careers, because hell, they’re infallible anything less would bring their integrity into question. (pun intended)

• Apathesis | Oct 1, 2012 at 6:07 pm |

Martha Coakley is an insufferable bitch.

As for the WM3, if it wasn’t them, who was it?  One of the stepfathers always seemed like a good suspect…

2. Ted Heistman | Sep 30, 2012 at 7:48 pm |

That was awesome!

3. Ted Heistman | Sep 30, 2012 at 7:48 pm |

That was awesome!

4. Ted Heistman | Sep 30, 2012 at 7:49 pm |

Seems to be a Theme lateley of me hearing people say that Life is short and fuck monotony…

• Calypso_1 | Sep 30, 2012 at 8:11 pm |

Is this more of your psychic thing?  If so don’t mention it if you happen to be in hospital.  ; )

• Calypso_1 | Sep 30, 2012 at 8:11 pm |

5. Ted Heistman | Sep 30, 2012 at 10:34 pm |

LOL! Reminds me of Bill Cosby overhearing “oops!” on the operating table!

6. Ted Heistman | Sep 30, 2012 at 10:34 pm |

LOL! Reminds me of Bill Cosby overhearing “oops!” on the operating table!