Death Row Inmate Too Fat to Die

The always-charming Nancy Grace profiles Ronald Post, a death row inmate seeking a stay of execution. Post, who weighs over 400 pounds, claims that the medical difficulties posed by his condition makes it likely that his execution would be “torturous.” While the AP points out that a stay of execution would also allow Post’s attorneys to pursue arguments that the inmate may have not actually confessed to the crimes he is accused of, Grace sidesteps this particular nuance in favor of her usual public stoning.

31 Comments on "Death Row Inmate Too Fat to Die"

1. Rev. Good Hair | Sep 20, 2012 at 1:49 pm |

At that weight a light jog should kill him. Put him on a treadmill and let nature take its course.

2. Rev. Good Hair | Sep 20, 2012 at 1:49 pm |

3. Calypso_1 | Sep 20, 2012 at 3:21 pm |

I think this was covered in the movie Se7en already.

4. Hyphylibrarian | Sep 20, 2012 at 4:08 pm |

keep feedin ya, and feedin ya, and feedin ya

5. Bruteloop | Sep 20, 2012 at 4:31 pm |

Please point me to any good or even half way decent actual news coverage on US tv. I’m sure there must be some but all we ever get to see in the UK is this kind of bizarre, hysterical lunacy.

6. Bruteloop | Sep 20, 2012 at 4:31 pm |

• Rachel Maddow is good, particularly on foreign and military policy. The News Hour on PBS is also usually quality, and every once in a while 60 minutes really blows the roof off of something, although they’ve been going down hill for at least a decade now.

7. Ted Heistman | Sep 20, 2012 at 5:16 pm |

That lady’s schtick is so jarring to me. That’s the kind of thing that actually scares me. I am not afraid of the dark. I draw monsters for fun.

What scares me is the percentage of viewers that fall for this woman’s fake emotion. Its like Pro-wrestling or something.

8. Ted Heistman | Sep 20, 2012 at 5:16 pm |

9. a tribute to the for profit prison system
    he’s actually 480 pounds
    so fattening him up for the slaughter
    is still taken seriously at Prison USA Inc LLC GmbH

10. a tribute to the for profit prison system
    he’s actually 480 pounds
    so fattening him up for the slaughter
    is still taken seriously at Prison USA Inc LLC GmbH

11. Apathesis | Sep 20, 2012 at 10:38 pm |

How in the fuck is he that fat while on Death Row?  Are they feeding him his last supper on a daily basis?

12. Apathesis | Sep 20, 2012 at 10:38 pm |

13. Hadrian999 | Sep 20, 2012 at 11:37 pm |

i dont get this guy, if i were on death row and exhausted my appeals i would rather just get on with it and see what’s next

14. Hadrian999 | Sep 20, 2012 at 11:37 pm |

15. Calypso_1 | Sep 21, 2012 at 12:10 am |

Generally there is not too much adipose tissue between your cranial cavity and a .308.

16. Simiantongue | Sep 21, 2012 at 5:53 am |

The other day one of my coworkers had just filled me in about some horrific and sad story. There was a moment of silence and he said an an off handed way while he stood and stretched. “Yep, I don’t know what the hells wrong with this world, I truly don’t”. To which I responded “Nancy Grace”. He stopped stretching for a second and got a thoughtful look. Then said “Guess so”.

True story.

17. That woman is an embarassment.

18. That woman is an embarassment.