Koch Brothers Funding Pro-Free Market, Anti-Occupy Rally In New York City

Ordinary billionaires are mad and they’re not going to take it anymore, Raw Story reports:

An activist group funded by the billionaire Koch brothers is planning a rally in New York on Thursday to “stand up to Occupy Wall Street extremists”.

Americans for Prosperity will gather at the Rockefeller Center in midtown Manhattan to demonstrate against Occupy protesters and Barack Obama’s handling of the economy. “The Occupy Wall Street crowd is nothing but a fringe element of malcontents bent on mayhem and destruction,” said Steve Lonegan, Americans for Prosperity’s New Jersey state director.

David and Charles Koch have poured money into Americans for Prosperity, which is tied to the Tea Party movement and has a focus on small government and low taxes. A spokesman for Americans for Prosperity would not predict how many people might attend the rally at the Rockefeller, but the group’s website claims to be “more than two million activists strong” across the country.

12 Comments on "Koch Brothers Funding Pro-Free Market, Anti-Occupy Rally In New York City"

1. Late, weak.

2. Late, weak.

3. Liam_McGonagle | Sep 22, 2012 at 11:50 am |

Silly wabbitt, money can’t buy you love.  Black ops is for tricks.

4. Anarchy Pony | Sep 22, 2012 at 11:51 am |

Does it count as free enterprise when you’ve got government subsidies pouring out every orifice?
    The Occupy Wall Street The Americans For Prosperity crowd is nothing but a fringe element of malcontents astroturf front group bent on mayhem and destruction domination and exploitation,” Fixed that for Steve.

5. The Koch Brothers, and their army of Koch suckers.

6. Marklar_Prime | Sep 22, 2012 at 2:55 pm |

I’ll be happy to attend with $500/hour as my free market price for attendance. After all, I wouldn’t want to make them look hypocritical by  protesting for no better reason than to help my fellows, that would be downright socialist.

7. If I attend their rally
    does it make me a Koch sucker?

8. lucifer69 | Sep 23, 2012 at 10:57 am |

These two look old and that tells me they are near death…..GOOD !

9. lucifer69 | Sep 23, 2012 at 10:57 am |

These two look old and that tells me they are near death…..GOOD !

10. lucifer69 | Sep 23, 2012 at 10:57 am |

These two look old and that tells me they are near death…..GOOD !