Cannabis Effects Explained

There seems to be something wrong with this video. There’s no spooky or menacing music, no one dies and there’s no moralising whatsoever.

Nick Margerrison

I write on Disinfo for fun, I've been a fan of the company for years.

In the real world I'm a freelance TV/radio presenter. I've worked for LBC, Kerrang Radio, The Bay, Edge Media TV, Hallam FM and The BBC.

My podcast is here: http://thecultofnick.libsyn.com/

8 Comments on "Cannabis Effects Explained"

1. MoralDrift | Oct 8, 2012 at 12:26 am |

Pretty good the only thing I’m not clear on is the part about neurons at rest becoming active again, while I have never heard this angle I was under the impression that cannabis can cause neurons to do the exact opposite and stop firing. I understood it as a “got the message” effect. Perhaps both effects are at work.

Either way, that is an interesting explanation for the type of thought patterns that can appear and one could even argue that it is partially responsible for anxiety….”what was that noise? a cop? I’ll be arrested?!”

2. MoralDrift | Oct 8, 2012 at 12:26 am |

• BunkersTrust | Oct 8, 2012 at 1:18 am |

I can assure you that the anxious paranoia is both justified & induced by socialization & circumstances, not the pot.

Once I was able to grow pot openly, (not in the Land of the Free of course,) and I was still paranoid about the grow, two years in a row.

There was no danger of theft or cops, because (UNBELIEVABLY) no one knew what the plant was. I even had a cop car park in front of it once; I as seriously freaking, even though I knew there was nothing to worry about… and, there wasn’t.

• BunkersTrust | Oct 8, 2012 at 1:18 am |