Coastal Town In Columbia Frightened By Allegedly Demonic Baby

Halloween spookiness from the Daily Mail with a whole town worked into a frenzy over the ultimate parenting conundrum — a newborn believed to be displaying demonic powers:

A new-born baby in Colombia can already walk by himself and produce fire, his own mother has claimed. Ana Feria Santos gave birth to her son last month but says her joy quickly turned to fear when she noticed that he had ‘several abnormalities’ – leading to fears in her community that he is the ‘devil in disguise’.

Much like the 1976 horror film The Omen, the mother-of-five says he frequently hides around the house, cackles in an ‘adult’ way for hours on end and has an ‘intimidating’ pair of eyes.

Her neighbours in the town of Lorica, near the Caribbean coast, also say he is possessed by a ‘malign spirit’ and that he is capable of producing fire. It has led to vigilante attacks on Santos and her taxi-driver husband Óscar Palencia López’s house, which is allegedly being pelted with stones on a nightly-basis by frightened residents.

19 Comments on "Coastal Town In Columbia Frightened By Allegedly Demonic Baby"

1. Anonimous | Oct 31, 2012 at 9:49 am |

Hopefully someone will go with camera and with parents approval film whatever is going on over there if anything.

2. Anonimous | Oct 31, 2012 at 9:49 am |

3. bobbiethejean | Oct 31, 2012 at 10:17 am |

Get in on camera so the rest of the world can see this purported supernatural phenomenon.

4. bobbiethejean | Oct 31, 2012 at 10:17 am |

5. seems like a kid with serious athletic ability. The scouts for the celtics should be on the look out.

6. Anarchy Pony | Oct 31, 2012 at 11:12 am |

Damien?!

7. Anarchy Pony | Oct 31, 2012 at 11:12 am |

Damien?!

8. My name is Dylan, and I spit hot fire!!

9. My name is Dylan, and I spit hot fire!!

• lovechappelle | Oct 31, 2012 at 11:42 am |

This comment made me laugh harder than I have ever laughed at a disinfo comment. I was having a terrible morning, so thank you very much!!!

• lovechappelle | Oct 31, 2012 at 11:42 am |

10. Hot Fire!

11. I’d be more impressed if they found a newborn baby *not* displaying demonic powers.

12. marvin nubwaxer | Nov 4, 2012 at 11:33 pm |

“Coastal Town In Columbia Frightened By Allegedly Demonic Baby”
    still no correction? it’s CCOLOMBIA, dumbass. i think it’s Chuckie.

13. Please somebody save this poor child from the scourge of ignorance!

14. JustMyOpinion | Nov 5, 2012 at 8:35 pm |

Just because it’s different “it’s the devil”? What happens when it grows up and becomes evil because everyone expects it? Or it doesn’t become evil, but gets outlawed because it’s different. Poor thing could even get experimented on or something.