Eat Your Fate: Tarot Card Dinner Plates

Via Neatoshop:

“Eat what thou wilt is the whole of the law; Food is the law, food under your recommended caloric intake.”

Expect dinner to esoterrific with these Tarot card dinner plates.

Designs available include The Sun, The Moon, The Emperor, The Empress, The World, The Lovers.

Sadly, no Death, Devil or Hanged Man.

These plates would not have been out of place in the early seventies, and could have been nicely accompanied with my parents’ plastic astrological sign cups.

It’s a sign of the times, perhaps.

20 Comments on "Eat Your Fate: Tarot Card Dinner Plates"

1. What’s with all the esoteric theme lifestyle products (yesterday, it was a Crowley t-shirt) I’m seeing here lately? Is this a new hipster trend?

2. What’s with all the esoteric theme lifestyle products (yesterday, it was a Crowley t-shirt) I’m seeing here lately? Is this a new hipster trend?

• Matt Staggs | Oct 21, 2012 at 8:46 am |

I’m amused by the proliferation of occult ideas into the mainstream consumer culture, the kitschier the better. I’m way too old (and too weird) to be a hipster.

• Matt Staggs | Oct 21, 2012 at 8:46 am |

• Calypso_1 | Oct 21, 2012 at 10:17 am |

Given mainstream, pop-xtianity’s propensity to adopt &
        rehash cultural branding into their own retail swag I eagerly await some horrifically
        amusing mixup.

• Calypso_1 | Oct 21, 2012 at 10:17 am |

Given mainstream, pop-xtianity’s propensity to adopt &
        amusing mixup.

• hipster culture for me is just another place for me to be an outsider.

• Matt Staggs | Oct 22, 2012 at 8:41 am |

I’m a hair away from 40. I’ve been married for umpteenmillion years and I work all day and all night. Youth culture and its vagaries are like another country to me at this point.

3. BuzzCoastin | Oct 20, 2012 at 8:43 pm |

what a great way to trivialize the esoteric
    can we get Bible themed plates next?
    I’d like the Jesus on the cross for my plate & the Golgotha cup for my wine
    or maybe Homeland patriot plates
    like the twin tower plates that wash and put themselves away

4. BuzzCoastin | Oct 20, 2012 at 8:43 pm |

what a great way to trivialize the esoteric
    can we get Bible themed plates next?
    I’d like the Jesus on the cross for my plate & the Golgotha cup for my wine
    or maybe Homeland patriot plates
    like the twin tower plates that wash and put themselves away

5. Ah, I’ve been collecting glass zodiac tumblers that Arby’s put out a long time ago. I probably shouldn’t be sharing this, but I see them on Ebay every once in a while. I believe it was J.R. Bob Dobbs, who said, “sacred cows make the best hamburger.” I don’t know if he was right, but my girlfriend sure loves it when I wear my Bob mask to bed, for those special nights when we ‘trivialize the esoteric’ together.

6. Ah, I’ve been collecting glass zodiac tumblers that Arby’s put out a long time ago. I probably shouldn’t be sharing this, but I see them on Ebay every once in a while. I believe it was J.R. Bob Dobbs, who said, “sacred cows make the best hamburger.” I don’t know if he was right, but my girlfriend sure loves it when I wear my Bob mask to bed, for those special nights when we ‘trivialize the esoteric’ together.