How To Engage In Lucid Dreaming

A series of simple methods (and a few advanced ones) to take control of your dreams:

The risk here is that you’ll experience sleep paralysis, a completely normal phenomenon that prevents your body from moving during sleep. Except you’ll be awake, which can be somewhat frightening. The extra caveat is that during sleep paralysis the brain can play tricks on you, inducing strong feelings of fear and causing hallucinations of dark and scary figures approaching you.

, , , , ,

10 Responses to How To Engage In Lucid Dreaming

1. justagirl October 17, 2012 at 9:22 am #

in my experience after so many times of lucid dreaming, the self decides to wander aimlessly.  also, sleep paralysis is not “somewhat frightening” it is some of the most extreme terror i’ve experienced.  imagine the angry figure growling in your face like an angry cat.  you can look around, but you can’t move your body or even control your breathing.  it is another skill to force yourself to wake from this.  great article, i’m relieved i’m not the only one.

2. justagirl October 17, 2012 at 9:22 am #

• FriesWithThat October 18, 2012 at 8:36 am #

“sleep paralysis is not ‘somewhat frightening’ it is some of the most extreme terror i’ve experienced” Could not agree more! Seeing my ex’s face morph into that of a demon and glowering at me…utterly terrifying! I tried screaming repeatedly but no sound came out…not an experience I would ever care to repeat, thank you very much! LOL

• FriesWithThat October 18, 2012 at 8:36 am #

3. jagf October 17, 2012 at 9:54 am #

The first sleep paralysis events are scary as fuck (maybe to scare away the curious). My first one was like waking up from the matrix, all gooey and warm and hearing your own screams. The next ones were a milder variation of that one. Later I dreamed that I was dreaming. Starting from that one the dreams are cool but with a slight feel of dread (strange adventures on devastated landscapes a la silver age comics). No wonder why HPL wrote those stories. The thing is that you are not smarter on your dreams. You get acces to strange currents, but your IQ stays more or less the same.

4. jagf October 17, 2012 at 9:54 am #

5. 1plakat October 17, 2012 at 2:47 pm #

Two days ago I had a dream that I got hit by lightning twice. Not cool.

6. 1plakat October 17, 2012 at 2:47 pm #

Two days ago I had a dream that I got hit by lightning twice. Not cool.

7. Monstertaa October 17, 2012 at 11:58 pm #

ive experience sleep paralysis, except there was a giraffe at the end of the bed, doesnt seem scary but what frightens me every time i think about it if that it seemed so real

8. Monstertaa October 17, 2012 at 11:58 pm #