Jill Stein’s Green New Deal, Think Tanks Run Congress

On this episode of Breaking the Set, Abby Martin highlights a few of the most influential Think Tanks and policy groups that have created a revolving door between the government, multinational corporations, and media groups. Abby then talks to Mark Dice, media analyst, and author of ‘Big Brother: Orwellian Nightmare Come True’ about the individuals running and funding the “Think Tanks” drafting US policies. BTS wraps up the show with an interview with Jill Stein, Green Party Candidate for President about the Green New Deal and breaking out of the ‘lesser of two evils’ mentality.

Abby Martin

Abby Martin

Creator at The Empire Files
Creator The Empire Files on teleSUR, Founder Media Roots, BOD Project Censored & Former Host Breaking the Set
Abby Martin

12 Comments on "Jill Stein’s Green New Deal, Think Tanks Run Congress"

1. emperorreagan | Oct 17, 2012 at 9:23 am |

I hate TV/video as a format.  I wish this was a radio show. Or at least available as a podcast.

2. emperorreagan | Oct 17, 2012 at 9:23 am |

3. Rex Vestri | Oct 17, 2012 at 10:36 am |

Fuck Jeah!  Jill Stein’s platform and ideas make damn good sense!  I’ve found my candidate!

Skip to 15:20 in the video above to listen to her.

Noam Chomsky even says he’d vote for her. That’s a huge endorsement in my book.

4. Rex Vestri | Oct 17, 2012 at 10:36 am |

Skip to 15:20 in the video above to listen to her.

Noam Chomsky even says he’d vote for her. That’s a huge endorsement in my book.

5. Ted Heistman | Oct 17, 2012 at 11:37 am |

See its not a Conspiracy its an Oligarchy that bi-passes the democratic process through Think Tanks and Policy Groups.

6. Ted Heistman | Oct 17, 2012 at 11:37 am |

• I would remind you she did not limit the size, scope or range of input of think tanks. To an educated mind those think tanks represent the collation point, for information and input from all sources and from which a series of conclusions are derived.
      From the range of options the public should then discuss and choose. So a new style of think tank is required, one that is specifically not run behind closed doors and whose individuals are not funded through obscure sources.
      What you have at the moment are not think tanks, they are stinks tanks where bullshit for mass consumption is manufactured to suit corporate goals not the places where truth researched discovered and presented to the public.

7. If the greens really want to be taken seriously, this ain’t the way to go about it.

8. If the greens really want to be taken seriously, this ain’t the way to go about it.