Breaking the Set: ‘Obama Daily Show Fail’

Abby Martin dissects Obama’s appearance on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart and discusses the larger implications of young voters getting their news from the program on Breaking the Set.

Abby Martin

Abby Martin

Creator at The Empire Files
Creator The Empire Files on teleSUR, Founder Media Roots, BOD Project Censored & Former Host Breaking the Set
Abby Martin

9 Comments on "Breaking the Set: ‘Obama Daily Show Fail’"

1. Monkey See Monkey Do | Oct 21, 2012 at 1:34 pm |

I’ll admit his interview with Obama was weak. How aggressive would you have liked a corporate sponsored show to pursue Obama? Most adults watch the show mostly for a laugh, not to get their news information as you incorrectly stated.

On that note, I wonder how aggressively you would interview Vladimir Putin?

2. Monkey See Monkey Do | Oct 21, 2012 at 1:34 pm |

On that note, I wonder how aggressively you would interview Vladimir Putin?

• IrishPotatoGun | Oct 21, 2012 at 3:46 pm |

At least Putin would just take her out with poison and not blow up the entire block with a drone strike.

3. DrDavidKelly | Oct 21, 2012 at 6:55 pm |

I respect Abby but the way she is carrying on you think she expected a different outcome?

• Expect? I think it’s just a wake-up call to those that didn’t get it before from watching his show for a while.
      Whether you’re doing entertainment or news, the same issue comes up: do I compromise everything just to get access?
      Jon’s show isn’t just for entertainment. He’s supposedly trying to show the hypocrisy of the news channels. but then his show becomes just the genre it’s labeled as when he delivers something weak like this.

4. BuzzCoastin | Oct 21, 2012 at 7:25 pm |

to trust any media talking head
    including RT & Disinfo
    is to be naive, a synonym for the word American

5. chinagreenelvis | Oct 22, 2012 at 1:10 am |

I’m sorry, but I can’t listen to this lady bitch and claw for more than ten seconds before I just want her to shut up. It doesn’t matter how right you might be, if you can’t present yourself in a way that actually rewards people for listening to you, I really just don’t fucking care what you have to say. Instead, I feel like I’m being yelled at by someone who’s pissed off because someone put unwanted cheese on her hamburger.

• There is something to what you say. I just happen to be very sympathetic to her point to view. If I weren’t I might find her a bit shrill.

6. I hope Stewart sees this.