Tech Writer David Pogue Transforms Into Neanderthal

Watch writer David Pogue transform into a Neanderthal through the magic of modern prosthetic makeup. Pogue’s transformation comes courtesy of PBS television program Nova ScienceNow, hosted by Neil DeGrasse Tyson. On this Wednesday’s episode, “What Makes Us Human”, Pogue will walk the streets of New York City in his Neanderthal get-up and see how people react. Would you notice anything unusual about Pogue?

14 Comments on "Tech Writer David Pogue Transforms Into Neanderthal"

1. I thought he was a typical big-city policeman.

2. I thought he was a typical big-city policeman.

3. Earthstar | Oct 10, 2012 at 12:38 am |

This is stupid. He clearly looks like he’s in makeup. Everyone’s reaction is like, “Stupid cosplay freak! Get a decent costume, Derp!

4. Earthstar | Oct 10, 2012 at 12:38 am |

5. Simiantongue | Oct 10, 2012 at 5:50 am |

Being neanderthal is a state of mind not a state of makeup.  Go sell some insurance.

6. Simiantongue | Oct 10, 2012 at 5:50 am |

• Liam_McGonagle | Oct 10, 2012 at 12:04 pm |

Wholehearted concurrence.  What a fantastic waste of time and money!

I’m from Wisconsin, so you can take it from me that a lousy $3 4-pack of some watery pilsner will do the job twice as fast and ten times more cost effecitvely.

• Liam_McGonagle | Oct 10, 2012 at 12:04 pm |

Wholehearted concurrence.  What a fantastic waste of time and money!

7. gaygaruda | Oct 10, 2012 at 7:40 am |

Damn make-up interns.  I wish they’d actually used a professional.

8. gaygaruda | Oct 10, 2012 at 7:40 am |

Damn make-up interns.  I wish they’d actually used a professional.

9. Back to where you came from…

10. Back to where you came from…