Texas Church: ‘Vote for the Mormon, Not the Muslim!’

In what should in a just world result in an instant revocation of its tax-exempt status, the pastor of a Leakey, Texas church has endorsed Mitt Romney in the upcoming election:

The sign reads, “Vote for the Mormon, not the Muslim! The capitalist, not the communist!”

That marquee standing outside a non-denominational church has become the talk of the town in Leakey — about 90 miles northwest of San Antonio.

The Church in the Valley is run by Pastor Ray Miller. Miller declined an interview but did say the sign was solely his idea. He said he changes the sign weekly and this isn’t the first bold statement to be displayed.

Read more at KENS5.com.

17 Comments on "Texas Church: ‘Vote for the Mormon, Not the Muslim!’"

1. The conservatard butthurt tears are so delicious.

2. Jamaa Bean | Oct 23, 2012 at 9:08 am |

While they have their facts right, we don’t want either of those fools in office.

• They don’t have their facts right.

• Jamaa Bean | Oct 23, 2012 at 10:20 am |

Obama IS a Muslim with communist ideals and a communist upbringing and Romney is a capitalist Mormon scumbag. So yes, they do have those facts right. The sign is stupid regardless of those facts and so is the whole left/right redVSblue paradigm. Who’s dick do you suck, Romney’s or Barry’s?

• Captain Obvious | Oct 23, 2012 at 11:10 am |

Obama isn’t a Muslim and if you think he is, you are fucking retarded. You’re right, he just goes to Christian churches and prays to throw everyone off the trail. Clearly.

• Jin The Ninja | Oct 23, 2012 at 11:26 am |

this is bad trolling right here.

• There is much more evidence Obama is a Christian than a Muslim, and he is a capitalist plutocrat (I’m judging by his actions, not his words), not a communist.

I plan to vote for Jill Stein, not Obama nor Romney.

• Ceausescu | Oct 24, 2012 at 12:03 am |

Because voting matters.

On a serious note, I do understand your symbolic statement ( the last sentence ) and I agree with it.

3. BuzzCoastin | Oct 23, 2012 at 9:50 am |

render unto Caesar the things that Caesar’s
    & render unto God dumbass trailer trash signs

4. Possible embarassing to Texans witha brain,less they forget their boy in prison for ,marrying teen girls to old nasty men ,WAS OFF BEAT MORMON.My question ,What did MORMONS AND TEXANS ,know and help hide to PROTECT JEFFERS ? Never make excuses for PERVERTS.NEVER EVER.Oh I know we can not hold all Mormons or Texans RESPONCIBLE for the actions of ONE GROUP OF WEIRDO’S. BUT ON THE OTHER HAND,WE do hold other groups responcible for the actions of a few.Thus now a simple piece of clothing, THE HOODIE,has become suspect everywhere ? What’s with that? I wear one in cold weather. I’m almost 60 yrs. old, i have not got the energy nor the desire to harm anyone. So think about it ,we can not blame Texas for one mans opinion. So what he likes Mormons[not really] I doubt he even likes himself. And perhaps he dislikes Muslems,[ probably not ] may not even know any, [more likely to be the case,] Most likely case his take home pay in the plate is down . which is Usually the biggest reason preachers get creative at drawing attention.Actually I do not know him personally,But I think it strange a man of his position should be promoting Hate. And that is EVIL at any point in history or in the present.

5. Hadrian999 | Oct 23, 2012 at 11:17 am |

it kills me that people believe a man with a cabinet full of investment bankers is a communist

6. Calypso_1 | Oct 23, 2012 at 1:40 pm |

Looks to me like sombody needs to change their Tax status. The feds fair share of those offering plates could teach plenty of kids about science & provide healthcare for the poor.

7. Kevin Leonard | Oct 23, 2012 at 6:15 pm |

Leakey, Texas. pop. 387

8. Why DON’T authorities revoke tax-exempt status of churches like these?