The Chain of Obedience

21 Comments on "The Chain of Obedience"

1. Calypso_1 | Oct 8, 2012 at 1:26 pm |

It’s not just the chain of obedience, but the chains of personal malice and retribution.  Times of war and intense societal conflict mask through their chaos the meting out of personal vendetta, petty grievance, and vigilante justice between brothers, families, neighbors, businesses – from the foundations of a culture to the top.   These are otherwise held in check by the semblance of order that society provides.
    Perhaps the mounting pressures of such internal aggravations, unresolved and unremitted, are a significant factor in the eruption of the broader mechanisms of conflict.

2. Calypso_1 | Oct 8, 2012 at 1:26 pm |

• Negative Nancy | Oct 8, 2012 at 7:22 pm |

Especially retribution against the ‘obedient masses’ I have percieved as betraying me and my family through their brainwashed ignorance, revenge against everybody is the sweetest of all revenge. What did Bill Hicks say again? Hitler was an under-achiever, just the Jews, gays and gypsies? should have exterminated us all including himself. This was a failed experiement, reset.

• Negative Nancy | Oct 8, 2012 at 7:22 pm |

• Calypso_1 | Oct 8, 2012 at 8:31 pm |

My my, plans for the Apocalypse have we?

• Calypso_1 | Oct 8, 2012 at 8:31 pm |

My my, plans for the Apocalypse have we?

• Monkey See Monkey Do | Oct 9, 2012 at 4:18 am |

An apocalypse by definition is desirable I would think. It’s just that we might not like what we see if a veil is lifted.

• Monkey See Monkey Do | Oct 9, 2012 at 4:18 am |

• Positive Pete | Oct 9, 2012 at 4:27 am |

Or we might?

• Positive Pete | Oct 9, 2012 at 4:27 am |

Or we might?

• Calypso_1 | Oct 9, 2012 at 7:52 am |

Of course ideally, gnostically : )….but as captured in the modern appraisal of the term, I’d prefer to see those strains weeded out of the cultural consciousness, at least in the more popular veins or Abrahamic monotheism.

• Calypso_1 | Oct 9, 2012 at 7:52 am |

3. Nunzio X | Oct 8, 2012 at 4:52 pm |

Ah, don’t worry. All we have to do is vote, and then our President will save us.

4. Nunzio X | Oct 8, 2012 at 4:52 pm |

5. in my experience, having visited almost 50 countries
    and having lived in at 5 different foreign countries
    only the Germans are more consistently & willingly obedient to authority than Americans
    the French, Italians, Spanish & the Chinese are the least obedient to authorities
    and in the 3rd world, chaos preempts authority

• Ted Heistman | Oct 9, 2012 at 2:11 pm |

And in America its mostly just the white people that are uber obedient to authority.

• Ted Heistman | Oct 9, 2012 at 2:11 pm |

6. DrDavidKelly | Oct 8, 2012 at 9:10 pm |

This is a bit of a no-brainer but as long as people feel safe they aren’t going to rebel. No one is shooting at me, food is on the table … life goes on.

7. DrDavidKelly | Oct 8, 2012 at 9:10 pm |