“The Propaganda Film You Probably Don’t Know You’re Watching”

More at LeeCamp.net

15 Comments on "“The Propaganda Film You Probably Don’t Know You’re Watching”"

1. Sean Ackley | Oct 3, 2012 at 3:37 pm |

Nobody needs to light public education on fire, its already burned down.  We are simply trying to sift through the embers now.   Public education is the problem, the Department of Education has screwed over our children at the direction of the deep funding of the Rockefellers and Carnegie institutions.  Check out the film “The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America” to get the other perspective on this.

Here is a great write-up from Freeman

Please also review “Dumbing Us Down” and other works by John Taylor Gatto.   I agree that “corporate schools” would be horrible, as well as the “privatization” of schools.  Not to say that private schools dont have their place however.  The charter school concept is a more clear choice.    When our money is pooled for the public school system, all parents should have the choice where they send their kids.  This is not an unheard of choice, because it is how things used to work.

Our schools are a hotbed of corruption, money laundering, police state, deprivation, drug dealing, war recruiting, and deadbeat teacher hostels.    We need reform, and more government money isnt going to solve this, its actually the problem.   Lets go back to local school system replacements, charter schools, and give parents the choice and empowerment they need.

• charlieprimero | Oct 3, 2012 at 5:33 pm |

Lee Camp is still ignorant of the difference between *really* private schools versus fascist “privitization”.   I agree, he should read less Salon pop media and spend a few hours absorbing some realism in the form of John Taylor Gatto via http://TragedyandHope.com

• Calypso_1 | Oct 4, 2012 at 2:38 pm |

I don’t think that this rant was an indication of ignorance on these distinctions.  In fact the distinctions weren’t even really a factor.  Just because the source of information was Salon doesn’t mean he couldn’t do a treatment of Gatto with equal aplomb. Gatto is incredible.  Are you listening Lee Camp?  Your [beer’s] riding on this.

2. Miracles | Oct 3, 2012 at 5:37 pm |

I hereby volunteer my programming services to develop a feature for Disinfo by which visitors may selectively hide certain tags.  This would greatly improve the qualitative experience by those of us who , for example, completely rage and go apeshit everytime this obnoxious clown’s face is shoved into our mindscape.

What say you, mods?

• charlieprimero | Oct 3, 2012 at 6:29 pm |

Read the Disinfo RSS feed with http://newsblur.com and you will have that facility.

• That’ll really help people self-propagandize and reinforce their reality tunnels.

• Matt Staggs | Oct 4, 2012 at 9:32 am |

Option two: don’t watch or read the things that aren’t of interest to you. Works pretty well for TV, books and other undesirable content.

• Matt Staggs | Oct 4, 2012 at 9:32 am |

• Matt Staggs | Oct 4, 2012 at 2:01 pm |

I’m more interested in your writing skills and suggestions for materials. Disinfo.com isn’t just a TV set that you passively watch. I want your input, even if it’s to alert me to stuff you want covered. I mean, if you want to keep complaining about every Lee Camp video that pops up, that’s fine – your voice is welcome on the site – but Lee is coming here and contributing his stuff.  It would be great to get some input from you at least about what you’d *like* to see in addition to what you don’t. Email me at matt@disinfo.com. I’d love to chat with you.

3. Liam_McGonagle | Oct 3, 2012 at 6:22 pm |

If the school system is the beginning and end of your education, you are already fucked.

4. really, people are using movies and the media to disseminate propaganda?
    who woulda thunk it!

5. really, people are using movies and the media to disseminate propaganda?
    who woulda thunk it!

6. Calypso_1 | Oct 4, 2012 at 2:38 pm |

The more I watch Lee Camp, the more I like him.
    I didn’t think that was going to be the case.  In fact I’d like to buy him a case, or whatever dosage it comes in, of his favorite swill (please tell me it’s the good stuff) if he’ll take on the Gatto challenge posited under Primero’s response.

Staggs think you can facilitate this?

7. Ohthosemuslims | Oct 4, 2012 at 10:32 pm |

This guy in the video looks like he should be punched.

8. Ohthosemuslims | Oct 4, 2012 at 10:32 pm |

This guy in the video looks like he should be punched.