An All Female U.S. Supreme Court

Proving, perhaps, that she takes extreme, radical positions on important issues, Justice Ruth Ginsburg says she wants an all female Supreme Court. From CBS:

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg hopes to see an all-female Supreme Court one day.

Ginsburg made the comment during a 10th Circuit Bench & Bar Conference at the University of Colorado in Boulder, according to CNS News.

“Now the perception is, yes, women are here to stay,” Ginsburg told the conference. “And when I’m sometimes asked when will there be enough and I say when there are nine, people are shocked.”

[continues at CBS]

majestic

Majestic is gadfly emeritus.

Latest posts by majestic (see all)

14 Comments on "An All Female U.S. Supreme Court"

1. I dislike intensely that woman.

2. Apathesis | Nov 27, 2012 at 5:43 pm |

Not gonna lie. Her face scares me.

• Me too. She looks like she could be my sweet, Jewish grandmother, but my grandmother smiled.

3. BuzzCoastin | Nov 27, 2012 at 8:28 pm |

Ruth Bader Meinhof is a
    Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon par excellence

4. "Big" Richard Johnson | Nov 27, 2012 at 9:11 pm |

“women are here to stay”

ORLY

5. Jin The Ninja | Nov 28, 2012 at 12:28 pm |

Ginsburg said that no one has “ever raised a question” when nine men were serving on the bench…”

exactly.

• So I guess you are saying feminists don’t count? Because I am pretty damn sure they belly ached about it, when the Supreme court was all men.

• Jin The Ninja | Nov 29, 2012 at 1:02 pm |

i believe she meant people in politics and the MSM at large. and what is your point? that men should rule- no questions asked? so much for democracy, i suppose.

• No the point is that I think its silly to get all hung up on gender politics when we are talking about members of a Plutocratic Oligarchy. Left Wingers brains seem to short circuit when either race or gender gets into the mix.
          So I guess We will be seeing more and more women and people of color representing the oligarchy since its so effective in draw attention away from itself.

• Jin The Ninja | Nov 29, 2012 at 5:21 pm |

because unbeknownst to thickheads like you, who self-label libertarian without knowing the history of the word, race and gender do matter. and yes, sometimes people of colour and many genders are vehicles to their own oppression. so while you sit around disliking my comment and feigning indignant anti-hierarchichal values, we ALL know whom is the most vocal anti-imperialist, anti-fascist, pro-egality poster on the board, and it isn’t you.

• Plus you wear skinny pants woohoo!

• Jin The Ninja | Dec 5, 2012 at 6:08 pm |

no, i wear slouchy japanese denim.

• Jin The Ninja | Dec 6, 2012 at 4:51 pm |