“Corrections Corporation of America, the nation’s largest operator of for-profit prisons, has sent letters recently to 48 states offering to buy up their prisons as a remedy for “challenging corrections budgets.” In exchange, the company is asking for a 20-year management contract, plus an assurance that the prison would remain at least 90 percent full, according to a copy of the letter obtained by The Huffington Post…”

Ana Kasparian and Cenk Uygur discuss on The Young Turks.

11 Comments on "Corrections Corporation to States: We’ll Buy Your Prisons if You Promise to Keep Them Full"

1. IrishPotatoGun | Nov 27, 2012 at 7:11 pm |

There are a lot of war and white collar criminals we could fill them with.

2. Apathesis | Nov 27, 2012 at 7:58 pm |

Absolutely disgusting. Everyone in this country needs to quit their fucking job ASAP and protest all the bogus bullshit going on in our country and in the world.

3. BuzzCoastin | Nov 27, 2012 at 8:10 pm |

tada
    which is why the have to call it
    The Land of the Free

• Anonydude | Nov 28, 2012 at 1:14 am |

You changed your avatar picture
      I didn’t know it was you
      So, I thought someone was imitating you
      Imagine the gall

• BuzzCoastin | Nov 28, 2012 at 4:28 am |

my advisers told me that if I changed my logo
        my brand would hold its own
        ’cause my pimp hand is strong
        & I’m a good imitation of myself

4. Meh… did you see what so and so (insert overpaid star) did/didn’t do? *aghast*

5. Anarchy Pony | Nov 27, 2012 at 10:54 pm |

More libertardianism! Privatize everything! Liberty somehow!

6. short-term budget fix in exchange for much higher prices into the indefinite future, No big deal since these politicians figure that this will be their successors’ problems. And perhaps politicians that vote “right” will find retirement bonuses indirectly paid by taxpayers.

Just another privatization scheme.

7. Bluebird_of_Fastidiousness | Nov 28, 2012 at 7:16 am |

That’s not the most recent news concerning Corrections Corporation of America. Apparently, it has also expanded from imprisoning people, to lobbying for laws in its interests, and now actively cooperating in arresting children.

8. Maybe they can fill them with people taking tools from big businesses to help people affected by natural disasters.