So sayeth former George W. Bush adviser Karen Hughes, writing at Politico:

And if another Republican man says anything about rape other than it is a horrific, violent crime, I want to personally cut out his tongue. The college-age daughters of many of my friends voted for Obama because they were completely turned off by Neanderthal comments like the suggestion of “legitimate rape.”

No wonder the Republican party is such a shambles!

majestic

Majestic is gadfly emeritus.

Latest posts by majestic (see all)

10 Comments on "‘If another Republican man says anything about rape other than it is a horrific, violent crime, I want to personally cut out his tongue’"

1. "Big" Richard Johnson | Nov 11, 2012 at 7:16 pm |

I second this motion.

2. BuzzCoastin | Nov 11, 2012 at 8:19 pm |

If another Republican man says anything… I want to personally cut out his tongue
    would be a much better quote

“The college-age daughters of many of my friends voted for Obama because
    they were completely turned off by Neanderthal comments like the suggestion of ‘legitimate rape.’”
    But they were OK with execution without due process and host of other Obama irregularities.

I love the way the two parties go out of their way to continue the charade.

• The college-aged daughters voted for their immediate benefit. They probably also fantasized that the executions without due process were going to happen to all those rapists.

• BuzzCoastin | Nov 11, 2012 at 11:43 pm |

it makes sense now
        he got the “all rapists on secret drone strike kill list” vote
        & it put him over the top

3. Bluebird_of_Fastidiousness | Nov 11, 2012 at 8:29 pm |

But they make such a compelling bad cop…

• Most of those politicians don’t know they are being used. Who paid for the transition between Rockefeller conservatism and batshit?

• lifobryan | Nov 11, 2012 at 11:10 pm |

Well, Reagan was the transitional icon. As to who footed the bill, my guess is as good as yours. I suspect Desi Arnaz and Desilu studios on the 70s. Watch reruns of Manix.

• Was exercising a perverse sense of humor. I frequently know the answer to questions I ask rhetorically. While I assume you also know the answer (well played), anyone who doesn’t can google on “Powell Memo”… who got it and what have the recipients been doing between them and now?

4. fred garvin | Nov 12, 2012 at 1:30 pm |

This is how I feel about those who minimize the daily rape by the TSA and the government rape of our freedom

• Jin The Ninja | Nov 12, 2012 at 2:59 pm |

the TSA situation is not the same thing at all. and by comparing the two, you marginalise victims of legitmate rape.