Mad Mitt Defends Mormonism

You might have thought you’d seen the last of this guy but no, his furious defense of his Mormon faith is going viral on YouTube:

majestic

Majestic is gadfly emeritus.

Latest posts by majestic (see all)

25 Comments on "Mad Mitt Defends Mormonism"

1. justagirl | Nov 9, 2012 at 9:55 am |

It’s shocking how close this wacko got to the presidency. I was so relieved when he didn’t win. NEVER give up your vote!

• Rickenbacker4001 | Nov 9, 2012 at 10:13 am |

What always sent chills down my back was at the 2007 primaries when he said his fave book was Battlefield Earth by Hubbard. (shudder)
      Hubbard admitted that he stole parts of Mormonism to use in Scientology.
      Romney later mentioned that Twilight was his fave book.
      (Double shudder)

2. I’m not a Romney fan, but a guy has a right to answer the questions. He’s there running for pres and this guy is asking about Mormonism and taking his info from the internet. I think he has a right get upset about constant questions to his faith and misundertandings of the church. Nothing he says here is wrong, or crazy or strange. He’s frustrated. End of story. And this is put up like he’s caught on tape robbing a 7-11 in an evening dress. Now am i glad he didn’t win? Yes. But does this show anything except weak, anonymous, internet contempt for some guy who is in the public eye? No. I love this site, but i always find it interesting that a site that seems to promote free speech, openess, right to believe what you want has people posting something like this. A bit of a ‘free speech/free beliefs for all….unless you don’t believe what i do.’ Ah, the American way.

• Till Eulenspiegel | Nov 9, 2012 at 10:47 am |

Goddamn, doesn’t poverty come with ANY privileges any more? Now I have to pretend to respect the f*cking thieving Wall Street bastards, too?

• People who don’t generate enough exchange tickets are immoral and don’t deserve respect.

• Kevin Leonard | Nov 9, 2012 at 3:09 pm |

Lol. You can believe what you want on this site, but be prepared to get attacked for posting anything about it without documented scientific evidence.

3. Leave people be. If Mitt believes his faith that is his business.

• Matt Staggs | Nov 9, 2012 at 1:16 pm |

On this matter, you and I agree. I really don’t care about people’s faiths. I care about their policies.

• Although I voted for Mitt (well, against Obama not nec. “for” Mitt), I am finished voting for GOP candidates hoping that they will convert to a more libertarian stance. I will now solely vote libertarian. Live free or die, baby.

4. emperorreagan | Nov 9, 2012 at 3:36 pm |

Why would this go viral? I’ll never understand youtube.

5. When your backs against the wall, lie, and keep lying until you find one that works. The Romney way.

6. BuzzCoastin | Nov 9, 2012 at 8:40 pm |

I’d rather watch Insane Clown Posse defend their version of Christianity than this inanity

7. Roger Mexico | Nov 10, 2012 at 5:40 am |

As an atheist, few things are as not-funny-but-funny to me as religious prejudice. Mormons are a minority religion in the US (although the fastest-growing religion in the US, if I recall) so of course when one becomes a public figure in a contested arena like politics, his opponents will flog the issue of him believing in “weird” things and engaging in “strange” rituals.
    Because magic underwear is obviously a far less rational belief and practice than drinking wine and calling it your God’s blood so you can commune with Him. Or how believing that God has an appointed spokesperson for him currently working out of an office in Rome is absurd, unlike the idea that God sent his demi-human offspring to do the same thing 2000 years ago to begin with.

It just cracks me up every time.

8. I am disgusted with the weak and feeble reaction of the interviewer in the face of a madman. A sad day for radio journalism. How about taking Romney to task for his fairy tale faith? Asking about Kobo? And the Angel Maroni? How about some fucking balls to inform the public about an insane fascist who almost ruled the planet?