10 Responses to Dennis McKenna on the Joe Rogan Podcast

1. Ted Heistman December 18, 2012 at 6:13 pm #

I like what Dennis says about novel events “diffusing” into history rather than “erupting”

2. Ted Heistman December 18, 2012 at 6:25 pm #

That “object” he’s talking about actually is the way flying saucers are supposed to work. Its what Drunvalo malchezideck is after as well.

3. Ted Heistman December 18, 2012 at 6:37 pm #

I sense the stoned apes were a matrilineal cult. Because the females were gatherers and taught language to the young.

• Matt Staggs December 19, 2012 at 10:02 am #

“The Great Cosmic Mother” was an interesting read on matriarchal culture and witchcraft. The basic premise was that in the beginning women were the leaders of religious rites, and then the men took over and with them came authoritarian solar deities. I suspect that some of it is speculation, but in its favor, one of the earliest idols that we’ve found was the Venus of Willendorf, a statuette of a woman carved some 24,000 years ago. To be fair, though, there are some who argue that it wasn’t religious at all, but a piece of erotic art. Got me. I’m no expert.

• Ted Heistman December 19, 2012 at 6:51 pm #

Yeah, I think there is a lot of evidence for Matrilineal culture. From Knowledge of plants, to material culture from building shelter, training the children. The women transmitted the wisdom and may have invented agriculture.

I think the Solar Cults started with Nomadic pastoralism and predatory Raiding, a type of Pirate culture. “Wolf Marriages” based on kidnapping women and so forth and then people creating cultural institutions to protect the women is what led to Patriarchy IMO.

4. Ted Heistman December 18, 2012 at 7:52 pm #

FWIW, Dennis, I got your point about our brains detecting and processing reality as a model and how different this is from the reality quantum physicists have elucidated. So probably a lot of people get it.

My reaction to this is actually kindness towards other people, despite the frustration.

5. Antediluviancurrent December 19, 2012 at 3:33 am #

I love how you can still hear a little Terence in his way of talking.

6. Jason Newcomb December 19, 2012 at 10:04 am #

He seems to worry about his stories “making sense”. They do to me. Crystal clear.

• Matt Staggs December 20, 2012 at 9:35 am #

I think that when you spend enough time talking to highly conventional thinkers you start doubting yourself a little bit, and it becomes a habit.

• Ted Heistman December 20, 2012 at 5:22 pm #

Yeah, in a different format I don’t think We would have gotten all this good stuff from him. Joe Rogan is a pretty unconventional interviewer, who doesn’t really interview people. The format is a bunch of guys toking up and talking about mind blowing shit and making fun of stuff. Sometimes he really brings out his guests and sometimes he kind of dominates the discussion
        I like how he challenges people on stuff though. Like for example Alex Grey I sensed was pretty used to having the floor but Joe kind of challenged him on some stuff.

This was one of the best ones.