Explaining the US Government to ‘Star Wars’ Fans

Found on Reddit.com.

I was unable to identify who created this clever illustration, but I’d love to know his or her name. I’m particularly amused by the artist’s choice of Salacious Crumb as a stand-in for the mainstream media. I can’t argue with that, or just about any of the depictions here.

Can we expand the analogy? What might Han Solo (frozen in carbonite during this particular scene from Return of the Jedi) represent? How about Luke Skywalker?

, , ,

9 Responses to Explaining the US Government to ‘Star Wars’ Fans

1. Jin The Ninja December 11, 2012 at 8:58 pm #

i disagree with nothing here.

2. Julien Champagne December 11, 2012 at 9:43 pm #

When will our Luke Skywalker come save us

• kowalityjesus December 12, 2012 at 10:41 am #

He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead and His kingdom will have no end.

3. BuzzCoastin December 12, 2012 at 12:52 am #

based on images created by the psyopers
    nice touch & potentially homeopathic

4. Misinformation December 12, 2012 at 12:54 am #

This makes me laugh. I first heard it referenced on School Sucks Podcast, episode 3, thought I’d never actually seen the graphic that goes with it. It’s worth a listen, that ol’ podcast: http://schoolsucks.podomatic.com/player/web/2009-08-24T09_20_02-07_00

5. Fulcanelli December 12, 2012 at 7:47 am #

Han frozen in carbonite represents the mangina-fied man who has lost his power. Leia unfreezing him represents a strong yet healthy woman who appreciates a manly non metro sexual man who shoots bounty hunters first.

Luke Skywalker represents the left side of the politcal specturm, Darth Vader the right. Emperor Palpatine with his striking resemblance to the the Pope represents the illuminati playing them off against eachother.

• toxiczen December 12, 2012 at 11:01 am #

left is good, right is evil…we don’t need the illuminati, we divide ourselves just fine… :/

6. Mark A December 12, 2012 at 5:58 pm #

C3PO as “the internet”.

7. lifobryan December 12, 2012 at 9:15 pm #

okay, I’ll bite ….

STORMTROOPERS – Blackwater Industries

ADMIRAL AKBAR – Wall Street whistle blower (“It’s a trap!”)

JAR JAR W. BUSH – Himself

PRINCESS LEIA’S HAIR BUNS – Apple (iPod division)

DARTH VADER’S BREAST PLATE – Apple (iPad division)

YODA – Noam Chomsky

JAWAS – The 99%

R2D2 – the Capitol Dome (if only ….!)

TATOOINE CANTINA – the Tea Party

EWOKS – Occupy Wall Street (mainly because of the facial hair & drums ….)

THE DEATH STAR – Koch Industries