“Respect and Obey Authority”

Presented without comment…

26 Comments on "“Respect and Obey Authority”"

1. emperorreagan | Dec 6, 2012 at 3:03 pm |

I have $20 on one meth addiction, one suicide, one teenage baby, and one homosexual.

• Yup, I think you called that one correctly. I want to know whether they did it themselves or if it was the threat of extra Jesus and ADD meds.

2. Earthstar | Dec 6, 2012 at 3:06 pm |

America. . . where can I sign up please?

3. Marklar_Prime | Dec 6, 2012 at 5:15 pm |

I think I just threw up my large intestine. Where is CPS when they are actually needed?

4. DeepCough | Dec 6, 2012 at 5:52 pm |

This, ladies and gentlemen, is called “Christian Rock.” You like? Hm?

• I liked it better when they just denounced it as the devil’s music and left it alone.

• I must say, I’m prone to a couple of christian metal bands. There’s something to be said about brutal lyrics involving people burning in hell for eternity and knowing these psychos actually believe in what they’re singing/snarling about.

• InfvoCuernos | Dec 7, 2012 at 1:15 am |

I like listening to christian rock when I’m sodomizing transsexual hookers- this is just wrong tho. “O.B.E.Y. authority- they’re here to help you!”

5. Mandatory LSD in schools now.

6. If this is satire, it’s one of the best I have ever seen. Please let it be satire.

7. I still have some antipathy toward my dad for raising me to be a criminal/villain.

I notice that I don’t have quite as much after watching this as I did before watching it.

Not that I was able to stomach the whole thing once I realized they weren’t joking.

• Apathesis | Dec 7, 2012 at 7:17 pm |

Villain? Maybe an anti-hero, but they’re the only ones with the balls to do the job the right way, with no half-measures. From what I’ve seen you post, the level of your disdain for corrupt legal authorities is quite appropriate.

8. Fugfacefive | Dec 6, 2012 at 6:59 pm |

Media sponsors, flood in! Next Nsync! Dare I even say, Hanson? ermahgawd.

9. Fugfacefive | Dec 6, 2012 at 7:00 pm |

…I made it about 2 seconds. Record.

10. BuzzCoastin | Dec 6, 2012 at 7:32 pm |

this is a great song
    I often sign it while I’m being groped during a TSA violation
    there’s some movement afoot to make this the new Homeland Anthem

11. Simiantongue | Dec 6, 2012 at 7:36 pm |

Looks like they had fun making that!

One thing that’s curious however. What’s the significance of the multicolored balls hanging around throughout the video? I feel like I’m missing out on some kind of symbolism there.

12. “Authorities are here to help you do as they say”

That line… Gold, pure gold.

13. borjaha_420 | Dec 7, 2012 at 1:25 am |

brain washing is real this is proof

14. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha what the fuck.

15. BrianApocalypse | Dec 7, 2012 at 8:38 am |

They’ve managed to invert virtually every impulse and principle of modern music. True subversives!

16. Josh Steve | Dec 7, 2012 at 3:18 pm |

This is most definitely satire, is it not?

I refuse to accept these views as genuine.

• DeepCough | Dec 7, 2012 at 3:35 pm |

It was when I heard the lyric “Jesus is authority” that realized, no, there is not a shred of satire to this song.

17. Isaac Taylor | Dec 8, 2012 at 2:14 pm |

This has nothing to do with Shepard Fairey? ……. damn!

18. KootenayCoyote | Dec 10, 2012 at 7:55 pm |

Oog, as Albert the Alligator used to say in appropriate contexts. you know, I’ve never felt nauseated by music before, but I really nearly puked on this one. Jugend for sure, poor kids…