The Face of Sasquatch?

The commentary in the following video is far too certain for me, especially when supposedly confirming the clearer video by comparing it with much blurrier videos, but in my opinion this might well be a real sasquatch:

35 Comments on "The Face of Sasquatch?"

1. In *my* opinion, reading text that already appears on-screen is rather annoying…

And the video itself is interesting, but in this day & age no visual material can be conclusive proof of anything.

• Matt Staggs | Dec 4, 2012 at 7:50 pm |

I read something where a UFO investigator type was saying that the best way to know if something fake is if it looks real. Paradoxical, I know, but true. I think it was in Mark Pilkington’s book Mirage Men.

• Yeah there’s this tendency to disregard the UFO pics that look ‘too good to be true’. We can thank Billy Meier & his Pleiadian buddies for that πŸ˜‰

Re. Pilkington I take what he says with a grain of salt. His opinion that all UFOs can be explained a secret military projects and disinformation is too anglo-centrist IMO. UFOs are a world-wide phenomenon.

And so is Bigfoot, as a matter of fact. How do we explain the fact that hairy giants are also reported on such unlikely places as the British isles? or sometimes are seen along with UFOs?

2. I saw the properly calibered rifle for taking a bigfoot layin on the bottom of his tent, 1:52, So if this is real, fuck this guy

• "Big" Richard Johnson | Dec 5, 2012 at 6:02 am |

I’d hate to be the first Bigfoot you ever see.

• There are many stories of hunters who had Bigfoot on their scopes, but were unwilling to take the shot because they felt it would have been the murder of ‘a person.’ Which is incredibly suggestive of how closely related to our own species these creatures could be.

Anecdotal, I know. But suggestive nonetheless πŸ˜‰

• I talked to a guy in person(a hunting guide in upstate NY) who was in that same exact situation. (he claimed) But It seemed believebale. And there are a lot of bigfoot sightings in the area from “upstanding” people, like the post master.

3. Put a round right at the base of the neck and it would of dropped. Thats what a mofo in a gorilla suit also deserves

• Matt Staggs | Dec 5, 2012 at 3:54 pm |

Were I in a similar situation, what you’re saying is precisely the reason that I would not shoot. What if it’s some kid in an ape suit? Do I want their blood on my hands? Further, how would the police react if I said, “I’m sorry, but I shot because I thought it was a Sasquatch.” Would they believe me? Would the judge say that I should have known better and that I’m still responsible? What if I shot someone in a zombie costume? Would they just write that off?

4. inner_growth | Dec 4, 2012 at 10:11 pm |

I am not convinced, but even if this is a new hominid species chances are very very good that he eats mostly plants and is an opportunistic meat eater if at all. It takes quite a bit of forest productivity to support a creature eating the herbivores, and American forests are full of meat-eating predators as competition.
    I’m still waiting for the explanation for this beings’ absence from the fossil record.

• The absence from the fossil record might be debatable. Some people in the field consider Bigfoot to be a descendant of Gigantopithecus; others think it might be descended from Paranthropus.

Also, please consider the fact that the fossil record has increased tremendously in the past 5 years: e.g. Homo Floresiensis & Denisovans.

And there’s even the possibility that skeletal remains of Sasquatch HAVE been found, but remain hidden in private collections –i.e. the controversial ‘Minnesota Ice Man’

It ain’t over ’til the fat lady sings πŸ˜‰

• InfvoCuernos | Dec 5, 2012 at 5:33 pm |

Very little of Gigantopithecus has been found-and none of it in North America. If this were a species that has existed continuously since 9 million yrs ago, you would think they would have left more proof. Also, the Gigantopithicus jaw that has been found in China is of a Great Ape, which would not have the type of nose this documentary has recorded. I would love for Bigfoot to be real, but that doesn’t make it so.

• >”Also, the Gigantopithicus jaw that has been found in China is of a Great
          Ape, which would not have the type of nose this documentary has
          recorded.”

Wait… so are you backing up this video as real then? that’s an odd stance for a skeptic πŸ˜‰

I think we have to keep in mind that in the field of Cryptozoology there are many types of unknown hairy hominds, and they don’t necessarily relate to each other.

In Russia you have the Almas or Almasti, which seem to be the ones closer to humans, as far as general appearance & height goes –there are even stories about Zana, a female Almas captured in the XIxth who had a couple of hybrid offspring with the local villagers… it must have been a really boring place! πŸ˜›

There’s of course the Yeti or Ye-teh, which some believe is the more animal-like of the bunch, but it’s not the only cryptid in the Himalayas –there’s also the much smaller Me-teh–

In Sumatra you have the Orang Pendek, which is probably the one that modern science will be more willing to accept when they find it –I wrote ‘when’ very optimistically of course πŸ˜‰

There’s your Bigfoot naturally, and there’s also the South American Mapinguari.

So my point is this: we shouldn’t be too eager to try to fit all these creatures using a cookie-cutter explanation. Maybe the Yeti is a descendant of Gigantopithecus, the Almas are surviving H. Erectus, and Orang Pendek is an Australopithecine, while some people think the Mapinguari is a giant sloth.

It was Grover Krantz who advocated for Bigfoot being a modern Gigantopithecus, but that doesn’t mean he was right, or that I support that particular theory.

• InfvoCuernos | Dec 5, 2012 at 6:12 pm |

You are correct about using one piece of “evidence” to discredit another piece. That’s just poor science. I am not convinced that this video is real, and I agree that there is nothing but speculation as to what species exactly Bigfoot belongs to. In fact, there is no proof that the bigfoot believed to dwell in the Pacific Northwest is the same as, say, the “skunk ape”.

• Agreed.

IMO the only thing we can do right now is keep our ears open & our wits sharp, in case we can start finding interesting correlations in what little reliable data we can gather.

One thing I tend to keep repeating in these type of discussions is how I like to make a distinction between ‘evidence’ and ‘proof’. Finding good evidence means you need to keep looking bu you’re on the right track. Finding proof means your search is over and you found what you were looking for –whether you like the results or not πŸ˜‰

I think we can all agree that there’s yet to be conclusive proof that Bigfoot exists. As to whether there’s compelling evidence that suggests there’s something real behind this mystery, that remains open to personal interpretation.

And I for one am of the opinion that there seems to be something out there πŸ™‚

5. InfvoCuernos | Dec 5, 2012 at 3:26 am |

So wait a second. Bigfoot is real? I hate to say it but I need a body. How is it that nobody has come across a dead one? We even run into dead colossal squids every now and then and those things don’t even have bones.

• "Big" Richard Johnson | Dec 5, 2012 at 6:04 am |

For all we know if these creatures do exist, they bury their dead.

• Calypso_1 | Dec 5, 2012 at 9:52 am |

Or eat them.

• InfvoCuernos | Dec 5, 2012 at 5:25 pm |

Neanderthals buried their dead and we still found them. For that matter, humans bury their dead. Not a single Bigfoot grave site has been found. I would really like to believe those “giant” skulls with the double rows of teeth are bigfoot remains, but for some reason those bones always disappear before any examination or record can be made.

6. Daniel Reasor | Dec 5, 2012 at 8:16 am |

I love how an expressionless Halloween store mask becomes a face with high cheek bones and nocturnal, whiteless eyes with just the addition of a shaky opening title sequence. From some of the other comments here, it’s proof of the power of suggestion, if nothing else.

7. Gregory Wyrdmaven | Dec 5, 2012 at 8:51 am |

Fake: Here’s why. Say you’re alone in the woods, camping. You see something really big outside your tent. And it might be Bigfoot. Okay. Since seeing Bigfoot would be like seeing a dragon, or an elf, or Jimmy Hoffa, what are you going to do? Well, after you freak out a little, if you’re head’s on straight, you’ll want to see if you have a recording device like a camera and/or a video recording device and you’ll want to see if you have a weapon. Because if it IS Bigfoot then it’s probably omnivorous, and as jerky commericals have demonstrated, not to be messed with. Then if you have a video recording device, you would do what? You’d keep the camera on the creature and not. take. your. eyes. off. it. The very idea that there are two short clips of film (the first taken a couple feet away from the opening in the tent) and the last clip ends with the camera panning down and then off, after the camera operator sighs, this gives it away as being choreographed. You can almost hear them planning it: “Okay, for the first shot i’ll get you from the back, and then in the second shot you’ll turn toward the camera and I’ll get a brief shot of footage so they can’t see the Made in China label.” There doesn’t appear to be any reason why we don’t have more footage than this, other than it is a fake. We also don’t know what happened after the face shot. Hilarious that we’re even thinking about this being real.
    Now let’s also look at this guy’s situation. Bigfoot is mere yards away from you, you’re in the tent. What’s your plan? Well, as you can see in the brief clips…the dude’s armed, there’s a rifle there I reckon. I don’t want to be in the tent. If Sassy decides to check me out, I’ll be trapped in the tent. I’ll want to get out of the friggin tent because I’m the crunchy/chewy center of a Bigfoot Burrito. So I take my gun and my camera and I try and slip out of the tent to get a full body shot of the Bigfoot while also giving me an escape route. But we don’t see any full body shot…that’s because the dudes could only afford to have the Mythbusters make half a suit (and YES it is possible to make a realistic Bigfoot suit) and they decided to get the top half made.
    Fake fake fakidy fake.

• If you’re gonna aim a creature as massive as a Bigfoot, then you’d better be a damn good shot. For God only knows what an injured (and understandably angry) 8-foot-tall primate would be capable of –that tent looked kinda flimsy to me πŸ˜‰

8. BrianApocalypse | Dec 5, 2012 at 9:03 am |

Looks like a guy standing outside the tent with a gorilla mask on.

• It could be guys with really good cosmetic Fx knowledge showing their skills. That’s always been a possibility, and it has happened before in the UFO field –e.g. the infamous Haitian UFOs video on Youtube, which some folks still think it’s real.

• BrianApocalypse | Dec 5, 2012 at 6:35 pm |

The video has the characteristics of a hoax. The clips are very short with no surrounding context, giving you just enough to see what the hoaxers want you to see and nothing else. The image, as always, is blurry and indistinct, making detailed analysis of the image difficult.

As the perpetrator of at least one hoax on youtube myself, I’m familiar with the tactics πŸ™‚ (it wasn’t bigfoot related though).

I also thought it was odd that the narrator of this clip mentioned how extraordinary the “sigh” was at the end of one of the clips, but it seems to be nothing more than the guy holding the camera making a noise…

• Many folks at Cryptomundo have raised the same issues. And I agree that at the moment we should lean on deeming this a hoax.

I personally have been waiting to see when the 1st fully CGI Bigfoot hoax (that looks convincing) will be posted in Youtube. I think maybe in a couple more years at the most –perhaps using a hacked Xbox Kinect as a DIY mo-cap system πŸ˜‰

9. What posses these “FAKE” photographers to not provide any real footage. What the eff makes you think a face shot for a few seconds is helping this cause? How about body shots? Panning up and down? How about filming it until it leaves? What about letting the camera film for as long as possible. Hoaxter, big time.

10. the Bigfoot Tracker calls bull.

11. this vid was made by a pro