What Happens When You Inject Pure THC Versus THC and Other Cannabinoids

The effects of THC without cannabinoids (as pharmaceutical killjoys wish to market) versus THC with other cannabinoids (as found in marijuana) are stark, as illustrated in the embedded video. One she describes as “like going to the funeral” and the other as “fun!”.

31 Comments on "What Happens When You Inject Pure THC Versus THC and Other Cannabinoids"

1. Ceausescu | Dec 2, 2012 at 6:06 pm |

Pure THC is a cannabinoid.

The video should’ve been called “Pure THC vs THC and other cannabinoids”.

2. BuzzCoastin | Dec 2, 2012 at 7:55 pm |

Honestly, does anybody really trust Big Pharma?

In the Spring of 1966, Abbie Hoffman was fired from his salesman job at Westwood Pharmaceuticals for working more hours on political organizing than on selling his products. It was the last straight job Hoffman would work in the 1960s.

3. Kind of like nicotine alone vs. nicotine and the MAO-Is in tobacco, or caffeine alone and coffee. It’s important we make these distinctions, so for example people don’t make the mistake of drinking de-caf coffee because they have high blood pressure, or discount nicotine gum as an effective treatment for addiction.

• Monkey See Monkey Do | Dec 3, 2012 at 11:12 pm |

Yeah especially when you try those nicotine vaporizers, you really notice how there is much more stuff in tobacco giving you a fix than just the nicotine.

• Worked for me. I transitioned to vaporizer from American Spirit with no issues.

• Thats because u transitioned from american spirit… transition from marlboro and u might agree with above statement. I however am a unique case I think…I am not capable of smoking those e cigs… make me hack every time.

• I started the vaporizer, but had a bad experience with the company, so I’m using my grandfather’s solution of cutting down to eventually quitting. Worked for him and it’s working for me so far.

4. jack jones | Dec 3, 2012 at 8:11 am |

goodbye blue monday!

5. This is old stuff, pun intended.

6. She should take the test on some JWH-018 or something similar… talk about a funeral. Lol

• I agree… Mistake! I’ll never do that again.

• I finally got off it. Shits damn addicting if u have that type of personality. Been smoking it daily since july 2011… aside from the mind fucking (which ‘seemingly’ disappears after continued usage) its extremely hard on my body. So far the shit has torn the hell out of my esophagus from daily puking. Givin me 2 hernias from the constant “spice cough” and I am FINALLY getting rid of the cold sweats. Damn my addictive personality and my probation officer for without I would be smoking weed!

7. Her reaction to the pure THC is something that I wish I had seen back in February. I was using synthetic pot for a long period of time (over a month) and basically experienced what she was going through, here’s the kicker, every day from February to September. I knew not to kill myself because it would end eventually one way or another, but the temptation to leave that hell was very high.

• I literally can’t even wrap my mind around the fact that somebody else finally summed up the agony that I was going through. She doesn’t complete her sentences at times but I understand fully what she was describing because I experienced all of it for hours on end for several months.

• There was one I tried, can’t remember the ID for it, but it was like that. There was another that made everything dance like a Super Mario game, music and all. Then there was one that was pure, graceful, thought-inducing awesome… But the company closed down…

8. VaudeVillain | Dec 13, 2012 at 2:26 pm |

Hmm… interesting that she noted the pure THC is similar to some of the newer strains. There was a time in my life when I experienced marijuana as a consistent euphoric with only rare negative experiences (anxiety, depression, etc.), but my last 5 or so have all been terrible.

I wonder if part of the problem is that I react poorly to newer strains.

• I would say that it depends how someone is growing it. If the grower is growing it like they would high quality food, the effects seem to be more enjoyable and well-rounded for users, but if it is being grown and bred simply for high potency, its effects on the user seem to be a lot worse. I think that has to do with the fact that many growers don’t really think about all of the different cannabinoids that are at work within their plants. It’s sort of like breeding cows just for high-testosterone without care to other chemicals that might also impact preferable characteristics.

• I agree with Zach. It’s probably down to the strain, the grower, and the prep. I’ve experienced different things from different people’s stuff before. It’s like a cake. One person could do the exact same things to it and just be from an area where the water sucks, or they might add an extra egg, or whatever. In the end, it changes the whole experience.

• Ffejtball | Dec 23, 2012 at 6:53 pm |

Actually it’s the genetic phenotype that largely influences potency and the varying concentration from plant to plant of the same strain. So, 5 Strawberry Cough plants for example, grown from seed, will be completely different from each other in growth profile and potency, but once you find the plant you’re looking for and you clone it, everything is already established and it’s basically up to the grower to not mess it up. Now, one thing that could very much effect the high one gets from smoking or ingesting is when the plant was harvested. If the trichomes are clear to cloudy it gives you a more heady, energetic high, if they’re very light to dark amber they’ll likely provide more of a couch-lock type of high. Cloudy trichomes have less CBD (Indica like) while amber trichomes have more (Sativa like), and clear trichomes have very little cannabinoids present in general. They get cloudy/amber because they plant is pumping those glorious compounds all up in there.
      So, it may be that you’re reacting not to newer strains, but to rookie growers. Context and setting in which you’re partaking also plays a role. Hope you at least found this informative though. Oh, and for what it’s worth, if you come across Jilly Bean, give it a shot. I think you might find that enjoyable. And delicious.

• zach morgan | Jan 6, 2013 at 1:07 pm |

if its skunk weed or most dros now days if you dont smoke daily or atleast every couple days id stick to weaker stuff cause i took 3 days off and was so high i could barely drive off bud i barely feel anything from now a week later. so tolerance has a lot to do with it, as does the quality of the weed.

9. 0:59 – “THC & CannabAnoid”!

10. “…like Ultra-high-potency skunk” and she didn’t die!!!
    So, Prime Minister Gordon Brown, how do you explain that when you claim skunk is “lethal”?
    Politicians! If it weren’t for lies they’d probably have nothing to say!

11. I just wanna smoke a joint. No need to discuss it. Any takers?

12. WoodGas1 | Jan 2, 2013 at 2:30 pm |

There is something deeply disturbing about the act of injecting cannabinoids. Just a traditionalist I suppose.

13. I take nabilone (pharmaceutical THC) and its changes my life! It is simply round the clock Cannabinoid medicine and it means I smoke less than half as much marijuana as I did before with better pain relief as an adjunct to codeine Even using a vaporizer when you have chronic bronchitis you appreciate smoking less marijuana with more effect. Before I was blessed with this prescription I had to buy expensive hash pills to get pain relief so don’t knock the pharmaceutical THC. Fist off it should be built up a tolerance to by smoked or eaten marijuana. Only at high tolerance are there no negative side effects mentally. We need to have an open mind to all different Cannabinoid treatments and not just naysay big pharma because its that treatment of pharma by the medical marijuana community that.has kept a lot of people from hearing about Nabilone, myself included.

14. There is a lot to it some people can use and some can not. the ones that fell bad effects say no so the people that have not try it say no to. so all and all If you smoke you are on the shit list.

15. Funny..most people just get THE MUNCHIES!!!