London Real: Nic Gabriel’s Personal ‘Heart of Darkness’ via Ayahuasca

15 Comments on "London Real: Nic Gabriel’s Personal ‘Heart of Darkness’ via Ayahuasca"

1. TennesseeCyberian | Jan 12, 2013 at 9:20 pm |

Wow. From what I gather, Nic got really high. In the jungle.
    Wonder how much that cost him.

2. TennesseeCyberian | Jan 12, 2013 at 9:20 pm |

Wow. From what I gather, Nic got really high. In the jungle.
    Wonder how much that cost him.

• Monkey See Monkey Do | Jan 13, 2013 at 1:08 am |

His soul.

• Ted Heistman | Jan 14, 2013 at 4:26 pm |

his soul…or his ego?

• Monkey See Monkey Do | Jan 16, 2013 at 12:28 am |

Yep his ego dissolving is a given. After the trip most people reassemble the ego with a lot more understanding in its creation.

• Yeah, I think that’s why he put the circle with a dot in the center on his forehead, to resemble the comic book character that reassembled himself.

The ego mind seemed to be a big theme.

3. citizen_watch | Jan 12, 2013 at 11:38 pm |

Whew, intense interview, thanks for posting Matt. Maybe all Gabriels are messengers.

• TennesseeCyberian | Jan 13, 2013 at 3:33 am |

I don’t know how many of their other interviews you’ve seen, but I really enjoyed this one with Rupert Sheldrake:

• Monkey See Monkey Do | Jan 13, 2013 at 9:33 am |

Thanks, interesting interview. I love his stories about him with McKenna and Abraham back in the day.

• TennesseeCyberian | Jan 13, 2013 at 4:54 pm |

I was always pretty dismissive of Terrence McKenna when I was younger. Just the other day I was teasing a fan, saying that he must have been pretty disappointed after 2012 fizzled out.

He told me that I didn’t get it, that I should listen to McKenna’s talks. I did. And I’ve got to say that McKenna’s creativity, charisma, and eloqence is extremely impressive.

My loss.

• citizen_watch | Jan 13, 2013 at 10:08 pm |

Enjoyed that very much, thanks! Especially Sheldrake’s views on scientific dogma. Only negative was he reminded me of how much I miss Terence, my all-time favorite wordsmith.

4. This appears to be one of those experiences that if one has not experienced themselves, they are ill equipped to judge.

5. Ted Heistman | Jan 14, 2013 at 4:07 pm |

Its interesting that this “hellish” state he was in, during his vision, of being a disembodied mind trapped in an endless loop, is very similar to the idea of heaven dreamed of by the robotic transhumanists.

6. Ted Heistman | Jan 14, 2013 at 4:45 pm |

3/4 of the way through this. Everything really rings true. Lot of universal principles.
    such as You are not your mind/thoughts.

I had a lot of the same insights this summer while reading Eckhart Tolle and doing meditative organic gardening in a wilderness setting.

…as far as Truth being hidden in plain sight “Oprah Approved” Eckhart Tolle is is a super hardcore bad ass shaman. He is Yoda.

7. Customerexplabs | May 17, 2013 at 3:16 pm |

Yes the plant medicine IS affecting you…after watching two of the podcasts I wonder if it is creating some psychosis and affecting emotional processing? nic really seems to be suffering a bit here…hope he is okay?