‘Last Ounce of Courage’ Trailer Takes Jingoistic Message to Maudlin Heights

Angry baby boomer mayor Bob Revere (Really. His son’s name is Christian Revere. Think about it and see if you can grasp the complex symbolism) rides flag-festooned motorcycle to bring “freedom” back to his town. Runs afoul of a scary Eric Holder stand-in intent on stopping him from bringing back that old time religion to city government. Cameo from Bill O’Reilly. Approved by Chuck Norris.

Sing along with me: THIS IS FREEDOM…THIS IS FREEEEDOOOOMMMMMM…THIS IS FREEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM…

35 Comments on "‘Last Ounce of Courage’ Trailer Takes Jingoistic Message to Maudlin Heights"

1. Liam_McGonagle | Mar 26, 2013 at 10:34 am |

Billy Jack, for the Aryan crowd.

• I disagree Liam. Billy Jack actually fought people. The “hero” in this sad little venture appears to do nothing more than get arrested. Courage indeed. Downloading now. I gotta see this Oreilly-Approved gem so I can count the number of cops who get shot. I bet zero.

• Bill Jack was good though!

2. It takes a lot of courage to wave a flag.

3. I am surprised Kirk Cameron is not in this.

4. Anarchy Pony | Mar 26, 2013 at 11:49 am |

Whenever wingnuts talk about freedom or liberty, swap it out in your mind for privilege.

5. Bruteloop | Mar 26, 2013 at 2:24 pm |

Robbing a touch of the biker mystique reminds me that one percenter used to mean something very different.

6. i like the single manly tear the black guy wipes away at the very end

7. Why does it say there are eight comments here?

8. InfvoCuernos | Mar 26, 2013 at 4:45 pm |

If religion is the opiate of the masses, then patriotism is the cocaine.

• $23802000 | Mar 26, 2013 at 8:35 pm |

real patriotism is different from philistine patriotism

• rozellaquine27lr | Mar 27, 2013 at 11:40 am |

my classmate’s ex-wife makes $78 hourly on the computer. She has been without a job for ten months but last month her paycheck was $19411 just working on the computer for a few hours. Read more on  Ask25.c­om

9. This is weird I see more comments in IE than I do in Mozilla.

10. To be honest I used to be hooked in by stuff like this. Then some atheists and liberal Christians set me straight on a message board. True story. I forgot exactly what they said but it made me think.

11. We demand the freedom to oppress everyone else’s freedom!

12. This movie should be titled: Weakened Last Breath of the Dying.

13. Why in God’s name (pun also intended!) would the Tea Partiers go to the Lifetime Channel (or is that Network now?) for advice on their production values? Makes no sense…

They were so close to a huge hit. Not with me, but the Evangelical Republicans would have been all over this like a cheap suit with just a little more flash and attention to slickness. Such a pity. Well there is always the sequel and the remake. Mr. Spielbreg? Do you have a minute, sir?

14. BuzzCoastin | Mar 26, 2013 at 8:08 pm |

interesting memes here
    the hero is a pharmacist, a red neck and a decorated hero
    and the bad guy from Uncle Homeland is Black
    no SWAT teams & DHS teams involved in his take down

it definitely has After School Special production values
    that should appeal to it’s WalMart audience

• and just a little racist

• BuzzCoastin | Mar 26, 2013 at 8:28 pm |

that’s being kind
        but I’ve noticed that Obama-like memes
        are now regularly showing up in media puke
        like:
        the Super Bowl Coke commercial
        the IRS videos,
        the one where’s Obee is the devil
        and now this one
        except that Black dude isn’t his doppelganger

• I think you need to upgrade your media diet. Forget the commercials and watch the reportage instead. I find that dwelling on cultural detritus is degrading to my soul. That shit is an abyss. And you don’t want an abyss staring back at you.

• BuzzCoastin | Mar 26, 2013 at 8:40 pm |

if you think your mind can withstand the psyops
            that hundreds if not thousands of drones
            have sculpted & crafted for your befuddlement
            be their guest, drink as much Kewlaid as you need

Iraqi’s have WMDs
            run for cober

worldwide there are only 13 companies that control the “news”
            however, they don’t own the fledgling independents like
            We Are Change
            yet

15. Tio Holtzman | Mar 27, 2013 at 3:08 am |

OMG this looks good

16. markkraft | Mar 27, 2013 at 11:01 am |

Wow. It’s so cool that the old vet geezer finally comes out of the closet at the end of the movie!

17. DeepCough | Mar 27, 2013 at 4:54 pm |

You may as well watch “Braveheart.”