Do anything for fame? The Richmond Times-Dispatch reports:

A Henrico County judge Thursday scheduled a two-day trial in June for an aspiring rap star who, according to a prosecutor, apparently believed that he had to sacrifice his friend to reach stardom.

“You are my sacrifice,” El-Amin [was] quoted as saying before he allegedly fired a shot toward his friend’s head inside a Henrico home that was to become a music studio. The trial will delve into the hip-hop music culture and the notion that a secret society called the Illuminati has control over the success of some performers.

It was the belief that a sacrifice had to occur in order to join the Illuminati that allegedly incited El-Amin. Investigators recovered more than a pound of marijuana from the Athens Avenue home, according to the search warrant, as well as literature dealing with the Illuminati and its alleged connection to the music industry.

56 Comments on "Virginia Rapper To Be Charged With Attempting To Sacrifice Friend To The Illuminati"

1. The thug life didn’t choose him.

2. The thug life didn’t choose him.

3. That man needs meds A.S.A.P.

4. BrianApocalypse | Mar 18, 2013 at 5:17 pm |

I await the theories linking this story with rise to fame of Jay-Z.

5. BrianApocalypse | Mar 18, 2013 at 5:17 pm |

I await the theories linking this story with rise to fame of Jay-Z.

6. The “real” illuminati must be laughing themselves stupid.

7. I’m unclear how he was going to inform the Illuminati after the deed was done?

• I haven’t seen the Illuminati pamphlets mentioned in the article; maybe there are forms at the end that you can cut out and mail, like Chick Tracts have.

• I am sure some braintrust on youtube pull some half baked ritual out of their butt. Putting together tired cult cliches from pulps movies.

• Well, if you believe the Discordians, all you need to do is bury the membership application form in your back yard, and one of the underground agents of the Illuminati will then contact you.

• Calypso_1 | Mar 19, 2013 at 2:45 pm |

We are aware of such goings on. Thank you for your concern.

• Calypso_1 | Mar 19, 2013 at 2:45 pm |

We are aware of such goings on. Thank you for your concern.

• more than likely he believed the devil would actually get him to be a member of the illuminati, not the actual elite. looks like he was going the route of literally selling his soul

8. Talk about a case of “Your doing it wrong!”

9. Talk about a case of “Your doing it wrong!”

10. Guess that’s what happens to people who really see the fnords.

11. InfvoCuernos | Mar 18, 2013 at 9:37 pm |

Since when is it ok to shoot a sacrifice?!?!? Idiot, you have to stabstabstab it. or burn it.

12. InfvoCuernos | Mar 18, 2013 at 9:37 pm |

• Calypso_1 | Mar 19, 2013 at 2:42 pm |

You can but it must be tripartate.
      A garrote made of the tail of a black mare.
      A drowning bucket of soft water ( +dried chrysanthemums).
      A smooth barrel pistol w/ the ball melted down from type metal that was carved into a sigil I CANNOT reveal.

• Calypso_1 | Mar 19, 2013 at 2:42 pm |

You can but it must be tripartate.
      A garrote made of the tail of a black mare.
      A drowning bucket of soft water ( +dried chrysanthemums).

13. Sir Legendhead | Mar 19, 2013 at 12:13 am |

That’s crazy, man. I read this book where Hova — the first one that is, before Jay-Z came along — he told a guy to kill his own kid just to see if he’d do it. Then right before the sacrifice took place, he was all like PSYCH! Just messin’ with ya.

14. It’s always strange when my two main areas of interest (hip-hop & the occult) come an crossroad like this. Perhaps with a little bit actual knowledge a terrible crisis like this could have been averted. Definitely inspiration for my next song. Check out the 2nd verse. DMF

15. all we know for sure is that if you don’t sacrifice your friend in your home you wont get a recording contract from the Illuminati.

16. What is this that stands before me

Figure in black that points at me

Turn round quick and start to run

Find out I’m the chosen one…

17. geminihigh | Mar 19, 2013 at 9:25 am |

Professor Griff can tell you all about this. Frankly his is the best explanation I’ve heard yet as to why Kanye’s mother died during plastic surgery. The “industry” decides who must die. You don’t get to say “yeah I’ll kill my friend for fame.” Its has to be someone very close to you to show that you are serious about staying committed to the mission.

18. geminihigh | Mar 19, 2013 at 9:25 am |

• that’s bull. that doesn truely go on. its just myth, stories for entertainment. Kanye’s mother died b/c of the surgery issues. The “industry” has enough money, and people in this world 2 feed from. why’d they kill fam members to test loyalty? this isnt a club. its business. they dont kill. they make bread

• geminihigh | Mar 21, 2013 at 9:38 am |

I didn’t say I believe it, just that Griff was the first to speak at length about this topic. He goes on to accuse a few other rap notables like Swizz Beatz of making a blood sacrifice out of Aliyah. According to Griff the industry is just one facet of an invisible cabal of power. In the rap game the mission is to sell a false form of black consciousness and empowerment while encouraging its listeners to never mature to real adulthood. By glamorizing gangbanging and crime, hopefully a large portion of the listeners will end up in jail. Be it Griff’s views or the more believable “it’s a business” take, people in the industry will kill you if you get in their way. Threats, stalking, and other forms of intimidation/retribution are talked about all the time, just watch a few old episodes of behind the music. Tupac and Biggie’s murders are still unsolved for a reason. The industry is very powerful, no denying that.

• UnbiasedBlackGuy | Apr 7, 2013 at 9:04 am |

You realize that in EVERY SINGLE Jay-Z album aside from the singles, Jay-Z writes borderline conscious lyrics about his rise and how others can do it too right? The TOP rappers aren’t negative. What about Kendrick Lamar? You need to listen to these guys past the singles. None of the rappers people look up to as legends are negative in subject matter.

19. I almost died after reading this. The laughter that left my body became painful.

20. I almost died after reading this. The laughter that left my body became painful.

• Calypso_1 | Mar 19, 2013 at 1:21 pm |

Had you succeeded in this act of laughter induced suicide the sacrifice would have been complete.
      Nonetheless, we enjoyed supping upon your pain.

• Calypso_1 | Mar 19, 2013 at 1:21 pm |

Nonetheless, we enjoyed supping upon your pain.

21. If you do your research correctly you can realize that you cannot join the illuminati they are old or young rich white men all it the same bloodline sooooooooooooooo yea that was stupid of him.

22. If you do your research correctly you can realize that you cannot join the illuminati they are old or young rich white men all it the same bloodline sooooooooooooooo yea that was stupid of him.

• Hey, hey, hey! Do not confuse the issue with facts. Not when we’re getting this many laughs out of it.

23. BabylonLife | Mar 25, 2013 at 10:54 pm |

You sacrifice ANIMALS to the Gods ya doofus Only Talmudic Jews see other people as animals they arent Gods… For your health

24. BabylonLife | Mar 26, 2013 at 12:02 am |

25. 33 comments

26. Jason Harris | Mar 28, 2013 at 12:06 pm |

Ok, this is going to get some flack I know – but what is with black people and ripping off everything anyone else has ever done and repackaging it in a lame way? Like all this Diamond Dallas Page wannabe crap (like that lame Beyonce), and trying to be all ‘Illuminati’, and RZA ripping off great kung fu. I can’t tell you how many black artists from Chicago I’ve had to report for stealing my work and making it into wallpapers with their names all blinged out on it…

• And because people like you mindlessly associate that with skin color, instead of socioeconomic factors, is why people with certain skin colors continue to see disadvantages in society. Thanks for contributing in a positive manner to public discourse on ethnicity. See you in a journal soon. Please read a book instead of typing Internet comments in the future.

27. Lauren LuvBug | Mar 28, 2013 at 2:04 pm |

Wow what an absolute idiot.The actual “people in power” probably think this is hilarious.
    People need to chill the fuck out. Really who does this shit. You all crazy.

28. Noris Yeltsin | Apr 3, 2013 at 3:00 pm |

Motherfuckers act like they forgot about Dre . . .