Your federal dollars at work: A Homeland Security/ICE checkpoint apparently checking passers-by for proof of United States citizenship. As the fellow in this video points out, it is more than likely a pretense to snoop for drugs. Remember the magic phrase: “Am I being detained? Am I free to go?” Oh! Also remember to have a camera and witnesses. DISCLAIMER: This is not to be construed as legal advice, and your own your own success implementing this strategy may – and probably will – depend on your gender, ethnicity and the color of your skin. Exercising your rights may result in side effects up to and including: Ass-beatings by thugs with badges, indefinite detentions, trumped-up charges, placement on watch lists and even death.

11 Comments on "Your Papers, Please: Man Deals with “Immigration Checkpoint” 350 Miles Away from Border"

1. I lol’d at the supervisor’s, “Well, you are obviously a citizen of the United States.”

2. Will Coles | Mar 25, 2013 at 1:54 pm |

To quote a great man “You’re free to do as we tell you.”

It’s like boiling a frog, it doesn’t notice the gradual change so it doesn’t jump out of the pot & dies not realising it was always going to be killed.

• Well, that is a pretty bloody blatant loss of freedom. That’s way beyond boiled, that’s crumbed and deep fried.

3. Watch out for your freedoms, boys and girls. They will be taken away if you let it.

4. Sir Legendhead | Mar 25, 2013 at 3:07 pm |

I used to run into random searches when I lived in the shitty neighborhood across town. They straight up told me one night, “look man, we’re looking for drugs. Lots of them. We got a dude with 47g the other night.” They didn’t even look for my little personal stash of should-be-legal herb and to be honest, I kinda wonder if they would’ve given a damn if they had found it. These guys wanted to move up in their world, Ol’ Hippie Sir ain’t nothin’ for them to bother with.

5. emperorreagan | Mar 25, 2013 at 3:21 pm |

The government is comically ineffective at both drug and immigration interdiction. The uniform for ICE/DHS/DEA/whatever should be a Snidely Whiplash mask & top hat.

6. Hadrian999 | Mar 25, 2013 at 6:27 pm |

next it will be 350 miles from any airport

7. BuzzCoastin | Mar 25, 2013 at 9:01 pm |

China is so repressive

I hope that someday America will free the Chinese from this kind of oppression.
    God it’s great to be an American and live in a free country that respects civil rights.
    See folks, this is why it’s called the Land of the Free
    because this couldn’t happen to a free people like us.

8. That checkpoint is 22 miles west of Las Cruces, NM. I drive through it frequently going from Austin to L.A. I never tell the thugs to pissoff because I’m exhausted at that point in the drive. It’s actually within the 100 mile “Constitution-Free Zone” near U.S. borders.

9. swabby429 | Mar 27, 2013 at 11:54 am |

I understand the principle of the complaint, but the the driver is being a complete asshat.