Vintage Eighties Christian Rock Video Warns against ‘666’ Barcode Implants

Cathy don’t go to the supermarket today! There’s a very strange man at the checkout stand and there’s a laser scanner where you place your hand…

32 Comments on "Vintage Eighties Christian Rock Video Warns against ‘666’ Barcode Implants"

1. DeepCough | May 31, 2013 at 6:01 pm |

Repost, dawg, repost. From January 12, 2012.

• Anarchy Pony | May 31, 2013 at 6:40 pm |

Yo dawg, I herd u liek reposts!

• kowalityjesus | Jun 1, 2013 at 9:43 am |

that was just a month before I started perusing the site archives and lurking on recent posts. I got up to the several-hundreds of pages back. It was a happy time in my life, lol.

• Matt Staggs | Jun 1, 2013 at 12:58 pm |

Ah, hell. Didn’t notice. But it’s a powerful lesson for all of us about going to the supermarket. So, like, don’t go today, DC.

2. I want to get hip with the new craze. Where do I get one?

3. BuzzCoastin | May 31, 2013 at 9:12 pm |

FYI: this isn’t mainstream Fundy Xtianity
    this was produced by David Berg’s Children of God
    a smallish Jesus People cult big in the 60’s & 70’s
    who ironically
    happened to be the spawning ground for the acting Phoenix Family
    (River, Joaquin, et al)
    & a disproportionate number of children born in that group
    went on to be media stars
    they were very keen on using modern media content to attract new members
    which never really worked

in the 90’s they were re-branded as The Family International

• sonicbphuct | May 31, 2013 at 10:17 pm |

i saw a kind of documentary thing about them – they ran into some legal issues regarding pedophilia. One of the kids who was involved in it shot or stabbed one of the “nannies” who’d molested him and others. He made some kind of video just before he went out and did it. He apparently killed himself as well. Very … interesting, and sad at the same time.

• BuzzCoastin | May 31, 2013 at 10:24 pm |

I had some personal encounters with the COG in the 70’s
        several of my friends got involved with them
        but they gave me the creeps & I avoided that mess

• What about them gave you the creeps?

• BuzzCoastin | Jun 1, 2013 at 1:13 am |

it’s a little too personal
            & the story too long to go into
            but essentially I saw them as control freaks
            looking for more drone-followers to manipulate
            their group structure seemed very 1984ish to me

• That’s typical of cults. Good thing you were mentally aware enough to see what was going on.

• BuzzCoastin | Jun 1, 2013 at 2:00 am |

In general, I’m not a good follower.

• Right on 🙂

• Matt Staggs | Jun 1, 2013 at 12:57 pm |

Hey BuzzCoastin – nice catch. I had a sneaking suspicion that this might be COG, but didn’t know for sure. Makes it even creepier.

4. sonicbphuct | May 31, 2013 at 10:18 pm |

I am often amazed at what gets digitized.

5. Gabriel D. Roberts | Jun 1, 2013 at 12:21 am |

I’m going back to Jesus!

6. kowalityjesus | Jun 1, 2013 at 9:39 am |

The mark of the beast will not be so clear-cut. Every prerequisite will arrange that accepting the mark will be like slipping a glove on your hand, as easy as pie, and as unnoticable as breathing. Perilously wide is the gate to hell.

• Like a fundamentalist religious affiliation?

• VaudeVillain | Jun 2, 2013 at 9:10 am |

Oh snap son!

• kowalityjesus | Jun 2, 2013 at 11:47 pm |

N/A

• Not from my perspective.

• kowalityjesus | Jun 3, 2013 at 12:33 am |

at least I dont have the head of a komodo dragon

• The irony.

Showing your true colors I see, I am sure Arnaud-Amaury is proud. Here is some typical entitlement for you to focus your hatred on.

• kowalityjesus | Jun 3, 2013 at 2:03 am |

I know it hurts and you know it hurts. Creatures that roll alone are more apt to lash out. I am not a good enough Christian to forgo reminding you.

• Anyone born into a religion is by definition born into a cult. My being raised LDS has little to do with my views at this time. Other than the natural progression of seeking for inner knowing.
            My own mother called me a devil worshiper once when I was trying to share what I know. I accept her view on this, because she has been conditioned to react in this manner. To each their own.

• kowalityjesus | Jun 3, 2013 at 3:53 am |

My mom is sort of the opposite, like unswervingly secular/rational, totally dismissive of anything supernatural, paranormal, or occult. She has been supportive of my decision to become a Catholic, probably because she has worked closely with nuns at a free clinic and thinks it will lend stability and a moral structure to my life. Honestly the most compelling/jarring thing I have ever shared with her, in all the long and storied history of the miracles of the Catholic faith, is that scientists found that vitamin K peaks on the 8th day of life in accordance with scriptural instruction to circumsize. Fortunately though, she chose to forgo the procedure when I was born.

Just so you know, I am sad to say anything mean to you, like really. I had low self esteem and felt spiky places on every side. I guess I am effectively wearing a chip on my shoulder with this username in this environment. Perhaps, if you might please accept my apology, God will help us to make the most of it. : (

• I tried to tick you off, apology accepted. From my perspective, much religion is the false idol. That’s all I’ll say on this anymore.

7. Noah_Nine | Jun 1, 2013 at 6:59 pm |

…so the supermarket is an epicenter of evil… I’ve suspected this for some time….

8. VaudeVillain | Jun 2, 2013 at 9:08 am |

Wait… were the people doing synchronized interpretative dance throughout the video also marked drones? I thought they were supposed to represent the singer and the people who don’t fall into the trap, but they move just like the enslaved shoppers at the end.

Kathy don’t go to the supermarket today,
    follow us to the woods be our new slave.
    There’s a strange man by the checkout counter,
    you’ll have to choose us or him as your owner.

9. This reminds me of another xtian 666 music video from the 80s that my friend used to make this 20xx video. it’s pretty nuts. check it out here:

or look up 20xx 3-d orb on vimeo.