Eyeball Licking Sex Craze Sweeps Japan

Pink eyeOculolinctus is the latest sex play technique to alarm doctors and prudes everywhere. From Medical News Today:

Eyeball-licking fetishism, also known as “oculolinctus” or “worming”, has become a popular way of expressing affection or inciting sexual arousal in Japan. Doctors warn that it is linked to a serious risk of virus conjunctivitis, other eye infections, and even blindness

According to the Japanese website Naver Matome, the oculolinctus craze in the country among young lovers has resulted in a significant increase in eye-infection cases.

Naver Matome first reported on eyeball-licking when a Japanese school noticed that children were coming into class wearing eye patches. Apparently, one third of all the twelve-year-old children at the school had engaged in oculolinctus.

According to the British newspaper The Guardian, the oculolinctus trend was inspired by a Japanese emo band “Born” in a music video.

When the tongue makes contact with the eye, it is exposed to all kinds of infections and eye damage.

In an interview with the Huffington Post, David Granet, M.D., an ophthalmologist said “Nothing good can come of this. There are ridges on the tongue that can cause a corneal abrasion. And if a person hasn’t washed out their mouth, they might put acid from citrus products or spices into the eye.”…

[continues at Medical News Today]

majestic

Majestic is gadfly emeritus.

Latest posts by majestic (see all)

26 Comments on "Eyeball Licking Sex Craze Sweeps Japan"

1. Daniel Gill | Jun 17, 2013 at 6:09 pm |

Hey daddy, how did you lose your eye?

I lost it in the great eye licking plague of 2013 from the girl I fancied, AR!

2. NarwhalNecropsy | Jun 17, 2013 at 6:54 pm |

Well this is really stupid.

3. BuzzCoastin | Jun 17, 2013 at 7:20 pm |

Ya see what radiation does to people?

I think if I lived in nuclear waste dump
    I’d lick eyeballs too

• Could be the warmup for mutants to begin the actual eyeball eating. Lure the nymphettes into letting you get that close and then…

Get Roger Corman on the phone… Cameron? Ok, he will do.

• Rhoid Rager | Jun 18, 2013 at 7:33 am |

Come on. Everyone gotta get their rocks off. Better to love someone than fuck someone up.

• BuzzCoastin | Jun 18, 2013 at 9:08 am |

your just feeling sympathetic to your hosts
        I understand
        I cut the Chinese the same slack
        but let’s face it
        Japanese fetishes keep getting stranger

4. DrDavidKelly | Jun 17, 2013 at 7:44 pm |

Can I just go “Ewwwww” is that a valid comment?

5. DeepCough | Jun 17, 2013 at 8:50 pm |

Just because a celebrity got throat cancer doesn’t mean you will, too!

P.S.

6. I caught conjunctivitis when I wore contacts, reaction to the mercury based preservative they used to use. They say it never goes away. It sucks when it does return.

This is so dumb.

7. The Well Dressed Man | Jun 17, 2013 at 10:03 pm |

Adding this to my to do list. Can risk be brought to acceptable level with mouthwash?

8. Bluebird_of_Fastidiousness | Jun 17, 2013 at 10:14 pm |

I’ve never thought of conjunctivitis as an STD. Thank you, Japanese perverts, for expanding my reality.

9. InfvoCuernos | Jun 17, 2013 at 10:41 pm |

Man, the Japanese are innovative, if nothing else. More weird fetishes come out of Japan than anywhere else. -Whatever you do, never lick a hooker’s eyeball!!!

10. Getting licked on any body area loaded with nerves is an indescribable pleasure. You American neo-Puritans should try nasolingus. To die for.

11. feint_ruled | Jun 18, 2013 at 6:11 am |

Interesting how people ‘s liberal “consenting adults behind closed doors” attitudes suddenly crumble when faced with something they personally find disgusting.
    Anyway, can I point out that there are more socially acceptable but more unhygienic places to stick your tongue that can result in even worse diseases than pink-eye.. just ask Michael Douglas..

12. Rhoid Rager | Jun 18, 2013 at 7:31 am |

I’ve heard of the football hooligans sucking someone’s eyeball out of their socket and biting it. That makes conjunctivitis seem like a happy ending in comparison.

13. Noah_Nine | Jun 18, 2013 at 9:26 am |

leave it to an emo band…..

14. Anarchy Pony | Jun 18, 2013 at 11:16 am |

As someone with severe aversion to eyeball touching, this gives me a serious case of the heebie jeebies.

15. Solution: Visine mouthwash. For the rest of us, eyebleach.

16. Apathesis | Jun 19, 2013 at 5:47 am |

First, live frog sushi videos set to Bach’s “Air” and now this!?

Japanese culture sure is fascinating.

Back to watching more Zeta Gundam.

17. berridgeab | Jun 19, 2013 at 3:09 pm |

Might as well have sex in the street, its safer and less weird.