Here’s How U.S. Food Items Are Labeled Overseas

Supermarket shoppers in other countries are informed that American processed foods contain GMOs and artificial coloring dyes linked to childhood hyperactivity. Why aren’t we told this? Food Babe writes:

The NY Times verified that this is in fact a real label on US Kraft Mac & Cheese sold in the UK.

We know that Kraft does not label, distribute or export the US version of Mac & Cheese officially. (To echo my quote in The NY Times, I find it extremely bizarre that Kraft had no knowledge of their products being sold and widely available in one of the largest retailers in the world (Tesco) and are trying to pass this off as a black market supply.)

Kraft customer service confirmed use of GMOs in their products. Given all the public statements that Kraft has made to the media about this label, they have not attempted to refute their product “May Cause Adverse Effects On Activity And Attention In Children.”

warning label

25 Comments on "Here’s How U.S. Food Items Are Labeled Overseas"

1. “Why aren’t we told this?” Are you kidding? How is the Free Market supposed to work if consumers are informed?

• Some would say… Free Market my ass.
      Its working just as intended.

• misinformation | Jun 25, 2013 at 8:53 pm |

Are you actually saying that the economic system in the USA is free market? If so, can we please redefine the phrase, ‘free market’. When did bail-outs, subsidies and legal exemptions from harm become part of the definition of the ‘free market?

Musolini called it fascism. I’m confused.

• Fred Derf | Jul 1, 2013 at 5:20 pm |

Do your own basic research for the things in your life or be a dead dummy; why should someone else be held responsible for whether you let someone feed you poison or you choose to eat healthy?

2. John William Holland | Jun 25, 2013 at 11:21 am |

Bullshit. Check your sources before you post lies. i come here to haev Disinfo exposed not served.

3. AManCalledDa-da | Jun 25, 2013 at 11:26 am |

Reminds Da-da of that Paul Newman final summation speech from, “The Verdict.”

4. Burden of proof is not on Kraft to produce the information. It’s on the group that put that statement on the label. With no citation to an actual study, this is fear-mongering crap.

5. Rus Archer | Jun 25, 2013 at 12:04 pm |

stop buying packaged food
    done

6. Adamas Macalz | Jun 25, 2013 at 12:31 pm |

Can america just hurry up and enter a self-imposed apocalypse already? I’m ready to go head hunting(I’m looking at you Cheney).

7. Tchoutoye | Jun 25, 2013 at 1:09 pm |

I thought corporations having to add GMO information on their labels was so expensive it would cause them to go bankrupt.

8. According to the original article, the label appears to be a hoax.

9. emperorreagan | Jun 25, 2013 at 1:22 pm |

If you see tratrazine (Yellow 5), you shouldn’t be eating it anyway. Tratrazine is processed benzene.

Unless you like adding crude oil by-products directly to your food, of course – then chow down!

10. Hoarfraust | Jun 25, 2013 at 5:13 pm |

This was on Snopes as a hoax–Kraft says they don’t even market KD to the UK.

11. BuzzCoastin | Jun 25, 2013 at 6:01 pm |

the box around the “food” is warning enough
    for thinking people
    people concerned about health don’t eat Kraft Mac & Cheese
    or other boxed, canned & manufactured “foods”
    people that eat Kraft Mac & Cheese aren’t concerned about health

• or cant afford to be concerned about health, at least that much. buying food is not that easy in much of the world. including, or especially, the united states. I know many people, personally, who struggle to pay for rent, food gas, and all the other necessities in our world. its no coincidence I have decided to drop out, but I understand the many who cant and see no choice but to work for the rat race and eat their kraft mac n cheese. shit, if that’s what I happen to dumpster dive, that’s what im eating.

• BuzzCoastin | Jun 25, 2013 at 10:35 pm |

that is a defeatist attitude
        and the prevailing meme:
        let gruberment think & supervise for me
        I too stupid & poor to do anything

gaining independence isn’t easy
        but it’s not impossible to grow some of one’s food
        but that has to start with a desire to do so

the Mac & Cheese crowd is an audience, a demographic
        consisting of people who have been edumacated
        into subservience & subsistence

• BuzzCoastin | Jun 25, 2013 at 10:47 pm |

as to dumpster diving
        I always remember Rumi’s poem
        “Only the true favorites get hunger for their daily bread.
        You’re not one of those.”

“Once a sheikh and a disciple were walking quickly toward a town where it’s known there is very little to eat. The disciple says nothing but he is constantly afraid of going hungry. The teacher knows what the student thinks. How long will you be frightened of the future because you love food? You have closed the eye of self-denial and forgotten who provides. Don’t worry, you’ll have your walnuts and raisins and special deserts. Only the true favorites get hunger for their daily bread. You’re not one of those. Whoever loves the belly is brought bowl after bowl from the kitchen. When such a person dies, the bread itself comes to the funeral and makes a speech. “O corpse, you almost killed yourself with worrying about food. Now you’re gone and food is still here, more than enough. Have some free bread. Bread is more in love with you than you with it. It sits and waits for days. It knows you have no will. If you could fast, bread would jump into your lap as lovers do with each other. Be full with trusting, not with these childish fears of famine.”
        Rumi, Coleman Barks translation

Oh & BTW: that’s also basic Gnostic stuff

• its not what goes into the mouth that will defile, but what comes out. practicing self-control through diet/fasting is great. eating simple is great, too. but I am not my body and when it goes, it goes.
          I just happen to have a strong pet peeve for food snobs, especially those who refuse a meal someone offers sincerely.
          I believe in living simple and eating little n treating earth w/ repect and understand why small farms are important, but im not afraid to eat a cheeseburger someone buys for me.

• BuzzCoastin | Jun 26, 2013 at 7:52 pm |

I don’t think it’s snobbish to not want to eat poisoned food
            especially if there are ways to avoid it

if somebody bought me a Mickey D cheeseburger
            I’d give it away or compost it
            because I have enough to eat already

it’s one thing to ask for food and reject the offering
            that’s stupid
            but to turn down unsolicited poison is smart

and religious dietary laws
            are more about health than god

12. uncle gilly | Jul 1, 2013 at 4:15 pm |

I’m surprised the label doesn’t say: orange powder glows in the dark and is not remotely connected to cheese, as the ” macaroni” is not remotely connected to real pasta ! KD ,holy fuck eat at your own risk! would be better on the label , and wtf is Cheeze whiz? ? a by product of the search for the A bomb?