Our personal perspective is a reflection of our influences, i.e., in large part we are a byproduct of our environment and lessons learned from influential teachers, which is why my About Page contains a list of some of the prominent teachers that I have had the good fortune to stumble upon.
Considering the vast body of work that is represented in this list, I thought it would be a good exercise to try and share at least one primary lesson from each teacher. Below you will find teachings shared by fifteen of those on the list. More will follow, but for now, here is what I have learned from:
2. Bill Hicks: “You know what’s wild? You never see a positive drug story on the news, do you? You ever seen one? Isn’t that weird; don’t you think that’s strange? I mean, the news is supposed to be objective. Isn’t it supposed to be The News? But every drug story is Negative?!? Well, hold it! I’ve had some killer times on drugs! I’m not promoting it, but I’m not denying it. Let’s hear the whole fucking story!” Bill Hicks, “Sane man”, 1989, 25:06.
Bill Hicks ★ Sane Man ★ 1989
Robert Anton Wilson Explains Everything Part 1 – Life And Times Of RAW
8. Nikola Tesla: If we are able to change the way we conduct business and record and recognize wealth, in essence, redefine our definition of profit, then we may be able to live sustainably. Until then we will be ruled by banks.
Vietnam War: What really happened
Benny Hill- Funny old world
Dave Allen on Death (funeral sketch)
“Only love can bring about the understanding of another. Where there is love there is instantaneous communion with the other, on the same level and at the same time. It is because we ourselves are so dry, empty and without love that we have allowed governments and systems to take over the education of our children and the direction of our lives; but governments want efficient technicians, not human beings, because human beings become dangerous to governments – and to organized religions as well. That is why governments and religious organizations seek to control education.”
Howard Zinn: Myths of the Good Wars (Three ‘Holy’ Wars)
Latest posts by salviad (see all)
- “And prove to me, America, that you care. And prove to me, America, you’re aware” – ‘Is It For Freedom?’ by Sarah Thomsen - Sep 24, 2014
- Free Radical Media Podcast: Mathematics, Education and True Learning with chycho - Sep 17, 2014
- Synopsis of Our Present Predicament: What the Future Holds - Jul 22, 2014