Adam Kokesh Arrested Following Police Raid

1373467581000-IA04-NL-Kokesh-05-1307101107_x-largeWhile I’m not especially fond of the characterization of Adam Kokesh solely as a “Second Amendment Activist”, RT has all the details on Kokesh’s Tuesday arrest for drug possession while also in the presence of a firearm. The drug? Hallucinogenic mushrooms: That most mysterious of drugs that grows just about everywhere and transforms into an illegal substance the moment you pick it up.

Second Amendment activist Adam Kokesh was arrested Tuesday evening following an armed raid on his home in the Washington, D.C. area.

Police have charged Kokesh, 31, with possession of a Schedule I or Schedule II drug while also in possession of a firearm. According to the Washington Post, charging documents filed in court Wednesday morning said that hallucinogenic mushrooms, a Schedule I narcotic, were found in the raid.

The United States Park Police confirmed that a search warrant was executed on the Herndon, Virginia residence leased by Kokesh late Wednesday, in the wake of a YouTube video posted by the activist on July 4 showing him reportedly loading a shotgun in a DC park only two blocks from the White House. Kokesh uploaded the video after a planned “Open Carry March” into DC scheduled for Independence Day was cancelled amid warnings from police. He had hoped to have hundreds of people march from Virginia into DC carrying firearms in defiance of the city’s ban on carrying loaded guns.

Keep reading.

, , , , , ,

24 Responses to Adam Kokesh Arrested Following Police Raid

1. InfvoCuernos July 10, 2013 at 6:13 pm #

Guess I’d better hide my shrooms somewhere other than my guncase then(<–that's a joke NSA). Why would it be a bad thing to have firearms and hallucinogens in the same place?

• VaudeVillain July 11, 2013 at 4:34 pm #

As someone who uses neither firearms nor hallucinogens, I cannot be absolutely sure, but my understanding is that guns only ought to be fired at targets that you are absolutely sure of and that hallucinogens pretty much make the idea of absolute certainty impossible.

If somebody with more direct personal experience wants to contradict this, I’d be fascinated to hear the explanation.

• Adamas Macalz July 12, 2013 at 9:32 am #

one time, I was on LSD and decided to shoot at the aliens when they tried to abduct me. But the aliens turned out to be the my neighbors and the gun thankfully turned out to be a bananna

2. InfvoCuernos July 10, 2013 at 6:13 pm #

3. Haystack July 10, 2013 at 6:17 pm #

If you’re going to piss off the go’vt that much, it seems like you’d make it a point not to have drugs in your house.

(that’s assuming, of course, that the police didn’t put them there)

• Reasor July 10, 2013 at 7:47 pm #

Getting arrested for a trifling offense like mushrooms feeds into his online persona as a martyr for the cause, without him having to do anything really dangerous (like actually conducting the campaign of domestic terrorism that he keeps calling for). If I was the kind of shithead who buys into this gun nut crap, I’d think he was a police informant placed within the militia movement to draw out the ones who have the balls to be dangerous.

• Reasor July 10, 2013 at 7:47 pm #

4. Haystack July 10, 2013 at 6:17 pm #

(that’s assuming, of course, that the police didn’t put them there)

5. DrDavidKelly July 10, 2013 at 7:10 pm #

I know it’s BS that magic mushrooms are illegal but if you’re going to have them and it’s against the law wouldn’t you you know hide them a bit better? Especially when you’re a high profile target. Assuming of course he wasn’t set up.

• echar July 10, 2013 at 7:39 pm #

For all we know they were planted. He is in the system, and anyone who has been in the system knows it’s tough to get out. They want his buttocks.

• DrDavidKelly July 10, 2013 at 11:11 pm #

Im a bit confused by this Kokesh guy. Kind of dumb carrying a loaded weapon around but on the other hand I can see that all this hysteria is not necessary. He doesn’t seem like dangerous guy and if he’s happy to get arrested, then good luck to him. For sure the authorities see him as a dissident and want him to tow the line like everyone else so part of me says Adam you da man and another part of me thinks what is this guy doing? And another part of me is a bit hungry and another part a bit sleepy and bored.

• echar July 11, 2013 at 1:35 am #

I think we all reap what we sow.

6. Juan July 10, 2013 at 8:40 pm #

Isn’t this guy just some publicity seeking yahoo? What an idiot.

7. Saglung July 10, 2013 at 9:08 pm #

I didn’t know this until reading the police report, but I drive right by his house on the way home from work. It is a profoundly stupid place for an anti-government activist to live. It’s a national security mecca on a scale I can’t begin to describe. Name anything affiliated with the DHS/intelligence community and I guarantee you they have an office in Herndon.
    And, oh yeah, the nearest building to him that’s not a warehouse? The police station. Idiot.

• Ittabena July 11, 2013 at 12:55 am #

Now we’re getting somewhere. Thank you for mentioning this. It seems to shed a little light, maybe.

8. jimpliciter July 10, 2013 at 9:53 pm #

Anyone checked out his nemesis Bobby Powell?: http://bobpowell.blogspot.com.au/

9. ericpedersen July 11, 2013 at 10:06 pm #

I think the mushrooms were planted because they know they are violating his 2nd Amendment and they know they had nothing. They even went farther than what their search warrant permitted them too.

10. ericpedersen July 11, 2013 at 10:07 pm #

make no mistake. We are in the preamble of the next revolution.

• Andrew July 11, 2013 at 11:32 pm #

“Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy.” – Franz Kafka

• Matheus Grunt July 14, 2013 at 10:43 am #

Yes we are.

• Calypso_1 July 14, 2013 at 11:47 am #

You will make mistakes.

11. Christopher Crowson July 12, 2013 at 12:45 am #

If you have never watched his youtube channel, you are missing out. He served in the USMC before realizing that war is unjust and profit-hungry. Adam Kokesh is a true patriot, whose actions rattle the cage that the corporate oligarchs are trying to complete. He stands courageously for freedom, whether for the 2nd Amendment or for cognitive expansion with psychedelics such as DMT.

• Matheus Grunt July 14, 2013 at 10:43 am #

I have watched his videos alot. I later realized just how much of a phony patriot he really is. He is not for restoring America, he is for instilling an anarchist society. No real patriot’s stand for that.