Jenny McCarthy to Join ‘The View’

Picture: Gamerscoreblog (CC)

Picture: Gamerscoreblog (CC)

Indigo Mom” and anti-vaccination warrior Jenny McCarthy will be joining the intellectual vacuum known as “The View”. I’m going to pop some popcorn and wait for the sound of a million public health workers’ heads exploding.

Via New York Times:

Jenny McCarthy, who will become a co-host of “The View” in September, in an earlier appearance on the show.

The show’s creator, Barbara Walters, announced on the air Monday morning that Ms. McCarthy would become the next co-host on the program.

Her selection had been widely expected; she has been a frequent guest host on the program and her name was at the top of the list for prospective permanent hosts.

Keep reading.

13 Comments on "Jenny McCarthy to Join ‘The View’"

1. InfvoCuernos | Jul 20, 2013 at 2:39 pm |

because the view has been lacking in fart jokes.

2. More like intellectual black hole.

3. Fusionism | Jul 20, 2013 at 5:10 pm |

I’m confused. Why is this on here?

• VaudeVillain | Jul 20, 2013 at 6:32 pm |

Because she is popular with the precise flavor of nutjob who cares about celebrity anti-vaccination activists who first became famous by being photographed naked.

Apparently that’s a thing here.

• Or because the very fact that this is ‘news’ is a less than subtle statement about how worthless mass media is and how skewed values regarding media have become.

• VaudeVillain | Jul 21, 2013 at 10:38 pm |

Or that.

I’m still not sure who actually watches The View though… I can’t say that I’ve ever actually met anyone who does. It seems like one of those things people only ever watch clips of on YouTube.

• Hadrian999 | Jul 20, 2013 at 11:40 pm |

because someone who uses disinfo decided to post it, that’s how disinfo works

• Fusionism | Jul 21, 2013 at 1:43 am |

I actually was under the impression disinfo was for interesting/thought provoking/alternative news. My mistake

4. wfzlsster | Jul 20, 2013 at 5:37 pm |

I always find it baffling when someone considers the NY Times a legitimate source of commentary. The focus appears to be on her anti vaccine stance because the NY Times is solidly behind big pharma and big business. I can’t find any reason whatsoever to watch the View but discrediting someone preemptively seems like something being done out of fear.

• In order to discredit her, she would have to have been credible to begin with.

5. Calypso_1 | Jul 21, 2013 at 12:06 am |

Who’s Jenny McCarthy?

6. I don’t know if i’m surprised or not that she’s into the whole “indigo” and “crystal children” thing