Bruce Lee was many things: An actor, philosopher, martial artist and international icon. What he wasn’t was a drinker. Lee completely abstaining from alcohol. So what better icon to reanimate to shill for scotch, right? I’m guessing that Johnny Walker’s execs must have had too much of their own product when they signed off on this one. I guess it’s no worse than the motorcycle insurance ad featuring the music of Duane Allman.

17 Comments on "Johnny Walker Scotch Roundhouse Kicks the Memory of Bruce Lee in Disturbing Advert"

1. I blame Chuck Norris.

2. Manuel Landa | Jul 11, 2013 at 7:23 pm |

Was that some double with lots of makeup cake or CGI? It kind of looked CGI in the end.

3. Rhoid Rager | Jul 11, 2013 at 7:57 pm |

It seemed like the CG face isn’t even synched with the words. What a hack job. I didn’t know about the motorcycle insurance ad either….that’s crash….errr…crass.

4. Anarchy Pony | Jul 11, 2013 at 10:15 pm |

If disrespecting the legacy of dead icons by using their likenesses to shill alcoholic beverages is wrong, then I don’t want to be right.

5. InfvoCuernos | Jul 12, 2013 at 1:52 am |

Why couldn’t they have used someone that drank, like Frank Sinatra or George Burns? Why would anyone ever want to be famous now? If you won’t be our whore while you are alive, we’ll just cgi you into some commercials after you die.

• The Well Dressed Man | Jul 12, 2013 at 3:39 am |

I’m not sure yet if this is worse than recent Hennesey ads in “urban” neighborhoods featuring Miles Davis.
      Sinatra was a legendary consumer of Jack Daniels, why don’t they do a campaign with his ghost.

6. DrDavidKelly | Jul 12, 2013 at 2:34 am |

Should have used Amy Winehouse …

7. The Well Dressed Man | Jul 12, 2013 at 3:39 am |

Blue Label: Cause you don’t know enough about whisky to order a single malt, but damn you’ve got some money to spend.

My last bartending gig was at a certain celebrity-chef-curated casual restaurant. For a whole week, this vacationing Kuwati drank alone every afternoon, tipping one or two pennies for every overpriced drink. I’m too jaded to let my condescension show for a second, but he ended up at the top of my douchebag list. On his last visit, he ordered Blue Label with red bull. I made a token effort to inform him that this was about a $50 drink, but he was of course much too important to listen. With pride, I delivered the bill with the drink. Victory was mine! He kept trying to give me a $20, and I was like “I need two more of those.” Then his princely-looking credit card was declined. I took his passport, and he had to come back with his very conservative looking family to settle up. BUSTED!

8. Who is this Johnny Walker that you talk of, is he in any way related to the Scottish Whisky company Johnnie Walker? Fuck that company anyway after they pulled out of the town where they were based… will never knowingly purchase another drink from their parent company (Diageo) again.

9. 2 comments I made disappeared?

The gist of which was; it’s Johnnie Walker, not Johnny… and fuck Diageo (the parent company) they’re scum anyway.