Cenk Uygur on Climate Change: Remember Who Lied to You

Cenk Uygur and “The Young Turks” panelists Cara Santa Maria, Ana Kasparian and Jayar Jackson talk about the latest extreme weather and why public support for addressing climate change isn’t getting the job done. “The problem is, our democracy is gone,” Cenk says. “As we saw on gun control, you could have over 90 percent saying, ‘I want background checks’ and the Senate’s going to say, ‘Suck it. I don’t care.’” Cenk blames the media as well as Congress for perpetuating climate change denial. “Remember who lied to you,” he concludes. “It was those sons of bitches who lied to you for profit — and then we have to deal with the consequences, all of us together.”

21 Comments on "Cenk Uygur on Climate Change: Remember Who Lied to You"

1. alizardx | Jul 5, 2013 at 5:03 pm |

Did Obama ever return his Big Coal donations?

2. Charlie Primero | Jul 5, 2013 at 8:00 pm |

Good German’s weekly Climate Fraud promotional post.

This week: the logical fallacy of Appeal to Popularity, with bonus Appeal to Emotion.

People are taking Cenk Ungur’s advice. They are remembering who lied to them. They are growing angry at the racket which extracts money from working people via carbon taxes and gives it to Exxon Mobil, Royal Dutch Shell, and BP.

They are abandoning corporate media who promote this Climate Fraud, and moving to independent media who instead expose the fraud.

The Emir of the Qatar Media Corporation will fire Uyngur if he doesn’t start doing a better job herding the sheep into the fleecing chute.

• Ittabena | Jul 6, 2013 at 2:09 am |

It’s much like the Banker Bailout. Blame the citizens for the problem and then pay the real culprits.

Double Meh!

• None of that proves air pollution isn’t affecting the climate, it only proves psychopaths are taking advantage of the situation.

• Charlie Primero | Jul 6, 2013 at 11:12 am |

Good German is not a psychopath. He promotes the Climate Fraud each week not out of malice, but because his faith-based worldview prevents him from employing the scientific method to discern fact from propaganda.

The moral way to help such individuals is not to accuse them psychopathy, but to help them learn critical thinking skills and acceptance of reality.

• atlanticus | Jul 6, 2013 at 11:19 am |

I think you misunderstood his comment. He was not necessarily calling “Good German” a psychopath. He was calling the people who push carbon taxes / (governments, corporations, whatev) psychopaths…

• gustave courbet | Jul 7, 2013 at 9:18 pm |

May I ask where you get your info and your certainty? As a lay-person, the complexities of global geoscience is beyond my abilities to competently research and I have heard compelling evidence that runs both pro and con about anthropogenic climate change. As an aside, I would point out that I find the climate change debate to be some what of a red herring, in that global environmental devastation caused by habitat destruction and the spread of invasive species is tangibly and clearly caused by the status quo and would require an overhaul of the global economy…

• Lookinfor Buford | Jul 9, 2013 at 11:58 am |

The burden of proof is on the climate quacks.. not the other way around, though the U.N. and power brokers of the world really really really want you to believe otherwise.

3. Karl W. Braun | Jul 5, 2013 at 9:13 pm |

It is the notion itself of Global Warming/ Climate Change that is fraudulent!

4. Im gonna ask what I think is a pretty obvious question; what was happening in 1902 when it was 129 in Volcano, Cali? or in 1913 when death valley got up to 134? Who was lying to us for profit while the world barbecued back then?

• misinformation | Jul 6, 2013 at 1:15 am |

Stop with the historical context nonsense already…

• Lookinfor Buford | Jul 9, 2013 at 11:54 am |

Just remember this kids.. Al Gore has never lied in his life. Everything he says is science.

5. Ittabena | Jul 6, 2013 at 1:53 am |

So, where did you get the number 90% on gun control? Because the gun shop across the street from my store has never sold as many guns before, and they cannot keep ammo on the shelves. in fact, the owner told me that he wished they would talk about gun laws more often, because it always makes him lot’s of money when they do. And he is a former sheriff.

Are you really saying that the rolls of the NRA, plus the non NRA hunters only total up to 10%? Note that I am leaving out non NRA and non hunting, gun enthusiasts here.

From my personal experience I think your numbers are way-to-hell-and-gone off.

I will tell you what my father, who was a vet from WWII and Korea, and a State Trooper always told me. “Son, if you let them take your guns, they can do anything they want to you.”

• gustave courbet | Jul 7, 2013 at 9:11 pm |

Yeah, I noticed that disconnect as well. Despite what certain segments of society think about Obama and the UN or NORTHCOM coming for their guns, it seems to me that Obama is the best gun salesman on the planet.

6. wfzlsster | Jul 6, 2013 at 6:47 am |

Do the global warming fanatics have any idea how many weather modification programs are currently operating and what their effect might be?

7. The video went kaput.

8. Lookinfor Buford | Jul 9, 2013 at 11:57 am |

How embarrassing for German.. based on these comments, looks like democracy is alive and well.