Study Finds Astrological Signs Don’t Affect Success Of Romantic Relationships

astrological signsThis news could shake up a lot of people’s worlds. Smithsonian Magazine writes:

A team from the University of Manchester analyzed 10 million marriages, using census data from the U.K. and inferring astrological signs from couples’ birth dates.

Astrologists have ideas about which signs make the best matches—a Sagittarius is better off with a Leo or Aquarius than a Cancer. But the University of Manchester team found that lonely hearts who worry about the zodiac are wasting their time.

The study concludes: “This research shows that astrological sign has no impact on the probability of marrying – and staying married to – someone of any other sign.”

6 Comments on "Study Finds Astrological Signs Don’t Affect Success Of Romantic Relationships"

1. Anaelyssa | Jul 20, 2013 at 4:07 pm |

Everyone knows real astrology is more complex than zodiac signs. And it’s the planets that matter anyways.

2. Rex Vestri | Jul 20, 2013 at 4:27 pm |

A friend send me this clip just yesterday. Very fitting…

3. InfvoCuernos | Jul 21, 2013 at 3:45 am |

Sometimes I feel like the only response to some of these articles is straight sarcasm, like ” NO WAY, You mean to tell me this is all bullshit?!?!? ” and then I realize there are people on here that actually buy into it, which brings me to the conclusion that sometimes articles are posted by trolls. I feel like the guy that has to explain the punchlines to jokes that nobody thinks are funny because the joke caused butthurt.

4. The Well Dressed Man | Jul 21, 2013 at 6:36 am |

Pro session of the equine ox?

5. Saint Eli | Jul 21, 2013 at 6:46 am |

Two of my oldest friends were born same hospital,same day,same year, one hour apart, so their astrological charts would be all but identical.

I guess in some ways they are similar, but in some ways very different.

Not sure what that proves since the environments in which they grew up were quite different.

However some very smart folk through the ages devoted a lot of time to studying it.. Giordano Bruno,Agrippa,Newton not to mention Jung’s writing on astrology as representations of the archetypes in the unconscious.

Saying astrology is all horseshit because of the above is like saying alchemy was only about turning lead into gold… It’s a metaphor for actualizing human potential.

The power is in the symbols.

6. BuzzCoastin | Jul 21, 2013 at 11:40 am |

“The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,
    But in ourselves, that we are underlings.”
    Julius Caesar (I, ii, 140-141)