Obama Says There Is No Domestic Spying Program

domestic spyingWell, that settles that. Via NPR:

President Obama defended the U.S. government’s surveillance programs, telling NBC’s Jay Leno on Tuesday that: “There is no spying on Americans.”

“We don’t have a domestic spying program,” Obama said on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. “What we do have is some mechanisms that can track a phone number or an email address that is connected to a terrorist attack. … That information is useful.”

During a lengthy discussion with Leno, Obama said he was “disappointed” in Russia’s decision to grant temporary asylum to Edward Snowden.

“There are times when they slip back into Cold War thinking and Cold War mentality,” Obama said of Russia. “What I continually say to them and to President Putin, ‘That’s the past. We’ve got to think about the future.’ “

, , , , ,

22 Responses to Obama Says There Is No Domestic Spying Program

1. Juan August 7, 2013 at 2:24 pm #

Another lying piece of shit. It is beyond me now anyone can continue to take this puppet seriously.

• pneumerology August 8, 2013 at 6:13 am #

He’s dissing the public pretty bad… like we don’t even deserve a decent lie

• Juan August 8, 2013 at 9:26 am #

Exactly! The fuckers are not even trying anymore. They just throw out any outlandish bullshit they feel like and tough shit if you don’t like it.
        It is a total slap in the face. But thing is, a lot of people (most people) just accept it without question.

• tsisageya 1 August 8, 2013 at 5:04 pm #

I guess it’s like GW said.

• tsisageya 1 August 8, 2013 at 6:20 pm #

Another lying piece of shit. As you say.

• Juan August 9, 2013 at 10:27 am #

Right. The bastard is no different than the shrub. He’s takes his orders from the same people.

2. Haystack August 7, 2013 at 2:38 pm #

“We don’t have a domestic spying program. What we have are clever euphemisms that afford us sufficient legal cover to collect personal information on unwitting Americans, then lie about it to the press.”

3. Jonas Planck August 7, 2013 at 2:51 pm #

We don’t have a domestic spying program… Our reptilian overlords have a domestic spying program. We’re just employees hired to operate it.

• Bruteloop August 7, 2013 at 3:09 pm #

I wish I could really believe there were reptiles running the world. It would be less heartbreaking than distressingly pale excuses for what a human being should actually be.

4. Bruteloop August 7, 2013 at 3:05 pm #

Immense vanity. Greed. No morals. What always astounds me is that there is still intelligence. Anyone would think those who wished to be a figurehead for and purportedly run a country were just psychopaths…oh…

5. saint_al August 7, 2013 at 3:08 pm #

A Cincinnati street cop was asked if there were quotas on parking tickets. He said, “Oh, no we don’t have quotas. We have goals.”
    I knew a couple who campaigned for Obama, but kept my mouth shut. They were young and had plenty of time to receive a Dem screwover.

• tsisageya 1 August 8, 2013 at 5:13 pm #

I certainly didn’t campaign for him but did vote for him—the first time. Did I mention that I’m a gigantic, stupid, douche-bag with many regrets? And about that Dem screw-over, I wasn’t that young. I was just blind, but now I see.

Don’t tell my daughter that I called myself a stupid douche-bag. She’s the angel on my right shoulder and would not approve.

6. emperorreagan August 7, 2013 at 3:46 pm #

His administration redefined enemy combatant to mean “everyone.”

Domestic probably means “people who J. Edgar Hoover would consider citizens above reproach.”

• Liam_McGonagle August 7, 2013 at 5:03 pm #

Excellent point. It can only truly be “domestic” if both the surveyed and the surveyor are citizens of the same national entity.

And clearly the Icke-sian alien reptiloids over at the NSA don’t count on that score.

7. dragline August 7, 2013 at 4:01 pm #

We don’t have a domestic spying program. In other news, I did not have sexual relations with that woman.

8. Jeb Morningside August 7, 2013 at 4:07 pm #

If there’s no domestic spying program what does he want with Snowden?

• gustave courbet August 8, 2013 at 2:49 am #

A very good point.

9. BuzzCoastin August 7, 2013 at 4:24 pm #

you can fool some of the people some of the time
    but you can’t fool all of the people all of the time
    without the help of shills like Leno & mass-minded media

10. Anarchy Pony August 7, 2013 at 4:54 pm #

Of course not, it’s not like radical activist groups are routinely infiltrated and fractured with a speed and precision that could only be afforded by constant surveillance.

11. IrishPotatoGun August 7, 2013 at 4:57 pm #

He choose his words very carefully because it is an outsourced spying of all electronic/digital communications.

12. moremisinformation August 7, 2013 at 8:53 pm #

Yaaaaaawn…

13. AManCalledDa-da August 8, 2013 at 4:09 pm #

Wow. He must know we all know he’s lying. So… what was the purpose of this?