I imagine that there are people who will now do this intentionally. AsiaOne reports:
A 24-year-old man was hospitalised in Guizhou province, China, after he ate too many river snails too frequently and turned green as a result.
The Chinese Center for Disease Control reportedly confirmed that he was infected by parasitic flatworms that live in animal livers. The parasite apparently entered his body because he was eating river snails on a daily basis.
He began complaining of a sharp abdominal pain about two months ago, but did not seek medical attention until he started exhibiting some very strange symptoms. His skin and the whites of his eyes started to turn green.
Doctors finally removed four common liver fluke (fasciola hepatica) from his common bile duct. Doctors said that the four parasites were each about 10mm long.
Latest posts by JacobSloan (see all)
- For Sale: Poveglia, The Haunted Italian Island With A Chilling History - Apr 20, 2014
- Lab Is Missing 2,000 Vials Of The Deadly SARS Virus - Apr 19, 2014
- Essential Vitamin B3 May Have Arrived From Space On Meteorites - Apr 18, 2014