Watching this video could prevent us from going to war with Syria

Robert Greenwald’s Brave New Foundation urges you to call your Representative NOW and demand they say NO to bombing Syria!

1-888-981-7872

The math is simple. Over 100 Members of Congress have said no to bombing Syria. 180 are still undecided. A call to your Representative could prevent a war with Syria.

majestic

Majestic is gadfly emeritus.

Latest posts by majestic (see all)

7 Comments on "Watching this video could prevent us from going to war with Syria"

1. Liam_McGonagle | Sep 10, 2013 at 10:38 am |

I’ve done this several times already. Hope it works.

But I’m pretty sure it won’t. Obama’s already said quite clearly that regardless of any congressional vote, he’s going to order an invasion. He’s not been mincing words about that.

I reserve my optimism for the unlikely point several years hence whereby the political repression necessary to contain public outrage results in a revolution.

Yeah, I know: “Good luck with that.”

• Ted Heistman | Sep 10, 2013 at 11:41 am |

Yeah, I’ve made these calls, talked to many an intern.

• Why would the public be outraged by this? People love foreign wars, the farther away, the better. The Demos doesn’t care about Demokratia. Never has. But from what you said, you already know this…

2. Ted Heistman | Sep 10, 2013 at 11:00 am |

I wonder if it would be possible to shun all the beneficiaries of the War with Syria somehow. Like Widely Publicize who they are and throw rotten eggs at them whenever they are seen in public,or something. Encourage people to divest in their stocks and Boycott them in anyway possible. There has to be something besides begging your representative.

• Liam_McGonagle | Sep 10, 2013 at 11:13 am |

SEC has all sorts of disclosure requirements about government contracts–including defense. Those filings might be a good place to start compiling a list.

• jasonpaulhayes | Sep 10, 2013 at 12:53 pm |

I remind my friends and family weekly that every dollar is a vote and encourage them to vote wisely. It’s a very good point you’re making, kudos.

3. jasonpaulhayes | Sep 10, 2013 at 12:51 pm |

Fox News pounding the War Drum today saying only 56% are against Intervention.