Now Is The Greatest Time In History To Get High

drug_dogEsquire declares that the War on Drugs is over, and drugs won:

The world’s most extensive study of the drug trade has just been published in the medical journal BMJ Open, providing the first “global snapshot” of four decades of the war on drugs. You can already guess the result.

To sum up their most important findings, the average purity of heroin and cocaine have increased, respectively, 60 percent and 11 percent between 1990 and 2007. Cannabis purity is up a whopping 161 percent over that same time.

Not only are drugs way purer than ever, they’re also way, way cheaper. Coke is on an 80 percent discount from 1990, heroin 81 percent, cannabis 86 percent. After a trillion dollars spent on the drug war, now is the greatest time in history to get high.

, ,

20 Responses to Now Is The Greatest Time In History To Get High

1. FAGATRON October 9, 2013 at 2:21 pm #

Smoke ‘em if you got ‘em.

2. emperorreagan October 9, 2013 at 3:15 pm #

So yesterday I determined I was better suited to be a different species.

Now they’re saying I’m not suited to this reality.

I’ve always known I should be an inter-dimensional shape shifter.

3. Russell Scott Day October 9, 2013 at 5:09 pm #

There is not a thing in the bit of news I just read that applies to my life and experience in North Carolina. I am ill and need effective drugs for great pain. Like always I get those traditional drugs, but pot is not considered applicable until I am on my death bed with the most horrific of diseases. Not even when I could get some overpriced pot, it was rarely competitive with pot I got to smoke 40 years ago in Toronto, or even where I live now again, North Carolina. I am of course ill with a painful debilitating disease, so depend on the system that is a system run by the corrupt or ignorant now. Many well meaning people have purposefully been taught lies. 25 year olds with degrees don’t hear 60 year olds with experience. We had a Senator here who was foolish and corrupt further named Edwards who refused to even ask a doctor what evidence against pot there might be to prevent pilots from using it and flying as is allowed for pilots to drink beer and fly. Next thing I’ll expect to see some article about how well the drug war has been won by owners of for profit prisons.

• Sean October 9, 2013 at 8:39 pm #

Good points.
      I too live in NC….in Asheville.
      Whereabout these parts do you reside?

• I know October 21, 2013 at 11:01 am #

Yes. I agree. I stopped smoking after backpacking EU in 2002 and once you live through Amsterdam and other several highly relevant hot spots where things are legalized and I recall at this very moment returning during the end of the summer to a new Toronto, and having set aside a reasonable golf ball chunk of has sheesh aside the prices (that was my preference for severe lifelong congenital chronic pain treatment then, never 1 pill nor tablet of anything) almost doubled. Greed pretty much made me open my eyes to the simple conclusion that I must not give up my hard earned money I had to literally work tooth and nail for so I quit it all. Occasionally I would source the black gold and by then in my circles it was tarnished, with a variety of agents, shoe polish, chem’s, you name it. Truly dirty. So 7 years after that my body sent a very loud and clear message to my brain via the stem, to do something. Now! and here the day has come where smart, small doses of rx’d meds are the only help. The war has failed. And only after I can source a kilo of coke for $1,000 will I agree overall.

4. Adam Phytophile October 9, 2013 at 6:10 pm #

I dunno, 19th century China seems pretty enticing. Not the same variety, of course, but with plenty of chandu I’m not sure I’d mind.

5. DeepCough October 9, 2013 at 6:21 pm #

Yeah, I’ll believe that when the DEA is dissolved–as it should be–and when Obama sparks a fat doobie in the Oval Office–as I know he would.

• pneumerology October 10, 2013 at 9:02 am #

A video of the giggle-fest in a stoned Oval office would be what?… our deranged leaders laughing at what a bunch of suckers and morons and sheep the public is. How much of their bullshit we choke down day after day, re-elect them, build statues, applaud speeches, buy their lying books, and all the outrageous speaking fees we’ll pay them after they’ve left building… excuse me while I throw up.

6. BuzzCoastin October 9, 2013 at 7:24 pm #

the war on drugs was never about drugs or stopping the sale of drugs
    it only failed if you think that’s what it’s about
    it has always been about jacking-up profits for all concerned
    (the Elite Drug Lords & the MIBC)
    Bush puppet Tricky Dick started the war
    and taken to a new level by Bush puppet Ronny Raygun
    but pot smoking Bush puppet Obama was really new twist
    to an old beat-around-the-Bush game

• jasonpaulhayes October 9, 2013 at 9:23 pm #

Not to mention that doing drugs might lead to Jazz Hands or Jews, Colored Folk and Californios (had to add that to dictionary) hanging around and thinking about how much were all getting screwed.

On the other hand, I dont want to support Terrorism with my drug purchases so I buy from local growers not the CIA imported drugs in the inner cities, that of course funds a uniquely western brand of Terrorism Black-Ops. How dare you do such things in the name of the American people you half witted, fascist, racist fucking traitors. Keep filling those soldiers caskets with drugs when you send them home from the middle east in pieces and see where it gets you. The days are numbered, your surveillance state will not protect you from your dirty laundry being aired and indictments coming your way.

7. echar October 9, 2013 at 11:31 pm #

As far as I have been told by oldschool dudes, that coke is nowhere near as good as what it was in the ’70s and ’80s. I was told stories about the blue coke that had to be cut, otherwise fools would do too much at once. I was also told the pink was decent too. As for the buds, well yeah! With all the horticulture, improved lighting, and such.

• Jarek Draven October 14, 2013 at 1:07 am #

Blue and pink coke? lol… that doesn’t sound too healthy If it was truly blue or pink, that would be due to IMPURITIES. Truly pure stuff is white to yellow.

• echar October 14, 2013 at 3:31 pm #

I don’t know. That’s what these dudes said. Maybe something about the ether used or somesuch.

8. Woobniggurath October 10, 2013 at 10:53 am #

Uh, has anyone in this room actually SEEN a decline in prices? Also, what is ‘purity’ in pot? THC content? That changes the plant’s effect, not necessarily improving it.

• James Dandy October 10, 2013 at 2:44 pm #

Everyone I know has… Prices are down and quality is up. Are you living under a rock or something?

• Jarek Draven October 14, 2013 at 1:05 am #

I have. In some stuff, particularly IDK where YOU were in the 90′s, but pot, especially really good pot, was WAY more expensive.

The one thing I can think of that’s definitely gotten more expensive in general is LSD.

• AD October 28, 2013 at 12:48 pm #

I’ve seen pot sprayed with perfume and hairspray so they can call it ‘dro’ to their idiot customer base. I’ve also seen what growers in Oregon keep for their ‘personal stash’ – and what you and I call weed, isn’t what they call weed.

9. The Chucks October 12, 2013 at 5:54 am #

This reminds me I need to get a new lighter, asap.

10. UncleB October 12, 2013 at 2:39 pm #

Deepest regrets to the late great American idiom. They were tall, proud, noble, fierce, warriors, fighters for rights, proud scientists inventors innovators to the world, honest to a fault, fair minded, decisive, but not immune to drugs.

• AD October 28, 2013 at 12:45 pm #

I think people can still be tall, proud, noble, and fierce, and still toke on occasion. The government’s insistence on cannabis prohibition is a joke, and a bad one at that.