7 Responses to Bill Maher, Bill Hicks, and George Carlin on the Economy and Politics

1. echar November 20, 2013 at 4:06 pm #

This challenged my first impression of Cornel West. Also, I apreciate the message. Thank you.

• gustave courbet November 20, 2013 at 5:21 pm #

What was your initial impression of West?

• echar November 20, 2013 at 6:14 pm #

He made a comment about how all children need something, but especially the chocolate children. It put me off his eligability to be a great source of information. Ultimately he is human, like you or I. This example is redeeming, yet I will not go out of my way to absorb his message. It may not be the best thing to play the numbers game, yet I find there are so out there with a message, and many can be worthless to my means.

• Rhoid Rager November 21, 2013 at 2:39 am #

Richard Belzer said the most important thing in the Bill Maher segments and he wasn’t even credited in the video title. Cornel West is a poetic man, but his career thrives on the very thing Carlin was critiquing in his bit: harping on our differences helps those that aspire to own us.

• echar November 21, 2013 at 12:32 pm #

As an afterthought, I felt that carlin was an eqalization to this video. So I agree.

• gustave courbet November 24, 2013 at 4:01 am #

I’m glad you said that; I had the same thought. Belzer’s book “Dead Wrong” is worth a read, although it’s in need of an editor.

• gustave courbet November 24, 2013 at 3:59 am #

Ha, I would have had the same reaction. I’ve been exposed to West mostly on Democracy Now, on which he is consistently reasonable. I’m guessing he has a little bit of an oratory political streak in him and likes to pander to his audiences.