Inside the Zeitgeist Revolution | Exclusive Interview with Peter Joseph

Abby Martin speaks with Peter Joseph, founder of the Zeitgeist Movement about the philosophy behind the organization, the unsustainability of the current economic system and the model proposed by the movement for a sustainable future that works harmoniously with nature.

LIKE Breaking the Set @ http://fb.me/BreakingTheSet
FOLLOW Abby Martin @ http://twitter.com/AbbyMartin

Abby Martin

Abby Martin

Creator at The Empire Files
Creator The Empire Files on teleSUR, Founder Media Roots, BOD Project Censored & Former Host Breaking the Set
Abby Martin

39 Comments on "Inside the Zeitgeist Revolution | Exclusive Interview with Peter Joseph"

1. Brilliant.
    I guess this guy will continue to draw breath as long as the ideas he and his group are espousing remain marginalized. When they start to gain traction . . . Let’s just say this monster (current rigged game/corporate-state capitalism) is not going away without a fight.

• moremisinformation | Nov 18, 2013 at 10:17 pm |

they’ve already gained traction…https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_Union

• I did not understand the down vote until I clicked on your link. Ok, that’s another one from me, douche nozzle.

• Rhoid Rager | Nov 19, 2013 at 2:54 pm |

lol. i think he used to have the handle ‘less than tolerant’ and spouted off suspiciously fascist-sounding ‘anti-liberal’ rhetoric.

• Oh, I thought it may have been Looking For Bufrod under another name.

• It could all be the same person, mind you.

• Lookinfor Buford | Nov 20, 2013 at 5:37 pm |

Lookingfor Buford is just Looking for Buford, and I’m just a regular guy. I hope that brings sweet dreams to you all. g’night.

• I doubt that, because I’ve seen misinformation’s posts here before. he seems to espouse typical libertarian views. but nothing as extreme as lessthantolerant’s.

• gustave courbet | Nov 19, 2013 at 7:02 pm |

So you are of the “Everything is fine” hedge fund manager, oil company CEO, national security contractor camp?

• Prolly just another dumbshit, ‘Murika zombie. They are legion.

• moremisinformation | Nov 20, 2013 at 12:57 am |

The false dichotomy is strong with this one.

Clearly the choice is either your hyperbole or Peter Joseph’s utopia. I’ll have to get back to you on which one I choose.

• gustave courbet | Nov 20, 2013 at 5:07 pm |

To take a little walk down memory lane: I was responding to your posting a link to Wikipedia’s article on the USSR (I assume you were drawing broad parallels between vaguely related concepts so I thought I’d jump into the fray and give it a try). PS- I’m not a drinker of PJ’s or anyone else’s Kool-aid, but I’m willing to listen to anyone’s ideas.

• moremisinformation | Nov 20, 2013 at 9:27 pm |

Fair enough. I’m willing to listen as well. Some of his broad generalizations about ‘the way things work’, I can even get on board with.

However, he does have some extremely creepy, I don’t know, totalitarian, utopian, socialist ideology and I think we already have several dysfunctional (to say the least) outcomes for the scientific management of society.

• I don’t really buy this zeitgeist shit, either. I really wouldn’t be surprised if it was organized by some of the elite. or at least they are deceived in thinking they are a vanguard of socialist elite who will usher a utopia for the workers. like we haven’t heard that from some power mongers.
          y’know its not necessary to be either a socialist or a capitalist. there are plenty of alternatives.

• gustave courbet | Nov 20, 2013 at 5:02 pm |

I don’t particularly ‘buy’ what PJ’s selling either, but he is clearly a thoughtful person who is willing to look reality in the face. I don’t generally agree with the totality of anyone’s conclusions or solutions, but this guy is operating on a level of nuance that I rarely see in popular discourse, and I find that refreshing. I hear the astro-turphing argument a lot in the fringe media: “Peter Joseph is a closet member of the illuminati, etc,” and I don’t see much evidence for that but I agree with you about the false choice between socialism and capitalism.

2. Fantastic

3. Excellent!

4. moremisinformation | Nov 18, 2013 at 10:14 pm |

I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone use more words, to say less.

Joseph seems to have a lot of unchecked aggression. His talk of humans-as-destroyer-of-earth (very real human pollution notwithstanding) and destroyer of other creatures completely ignores evidence, for instance that, moving into the last ice age, more mammals went extinct that currently exist on the planet…combustion engine didn’t exist.

Please computers…programmed by humans…save us from humans.

• gustave courbet | Nov 19, 2013 at 4:59 pm |

I assume you’re aware of the theorized role of human predation in the Pleistocene megafauna extinction, all without fossil fuels.

• moremisinformation | Nov 20, 2013 at 12:13 am |

Yes, I am aware of that theory. I assume you’re aware of the counter theories? Also, all without fossil fuels.

5. Rhoid Rager | Nov 19, 2013 at 2:57 am |

I think Joseph repeats some very important criticisms–‘structural violence’, for example was first defined by Johan Galtung; but, I feel that unless he explicitly targets usury as a systemic cause of all of the problems he outlines in this interview, then there won’t be much more elucidation as to what exactly we can do. I should probably start writing my own book soon, but I think the world can wait a bit longer… 😛

6. kowalityjesus | Nov 19, 2013 at 2:57 am |

While I don’t agree with EVERYTHING he said, and I think some of his blame/reasoning is a bit off the mark or out of place, this guy is seriously brilliant and really raises the bar.

7. tibby trillz | Nov 19, 2013 at 5:09 pm |

i really liked a lot of what was said in the 2 zeitgeist docs i saw but the solution to build completely new cities just seems incredibly wasteful. also, aerial street designs have already happenned. buffallo new york has one. its confusing as hell. everybody who hasnt lived there for a long time gets lost trying to drive around the city. i guess problem solved if there was mass transit instead of cars though.

8. his face will look really good on the posters and tshirts they sell. beats the hell out of marx, almost as cool as che, and expresses just enough uniqueness to be a leader and has just the right amount of facial hair to be hip