gifstache.com_1095_1344985207According to the police, David Eckhert failed to come to a complete stop at a stop sign. What happened next sounds like something an ass-obsessed Kafka would write…

Via Lowering the Bar:

Do NOT Clench Your Buttocks in Deming, New Mexico

Why not, you ask? Because it may be interpreted as probable cause to conduct an anal-cavity search.

Or six.

According to this KOB News report, police in Deming, New Mexico, and some doctors they convinced to help them, conducted no fewer than six manual searches of David Eckert’s anus in the hours after they stopped him on January 2. (His crime: allegedly failing to come to a complete stop at a stop sign.) The officers asked Eckert to get out of the car. The lawsuit alleges that after he did so, the officers noted that he “appeared to be clenching his buttocks,” and interpreted this as “probable cause to suspect that Eckert was hiding narcotics in his anal cavity.”

Things get much, much worse. Keep reading.

24 Comments on "Man Subjected to Increasingly Invasive Series of Cavity Searches After Traffic Stop"

1. Liam_McGonagle | Nov 6, 2013 at 10:17 am |

And even if you comply, YOU’re still the bad guy if your Dulcolax kicks in while they’re rooting around in there. Can’t win.

• Liam_McGonagle | Nov 6, 2013 at 10:42 am |

P.S. Either that cat has lockjaw or else I believe I am witnessing a rare example of human-to-feline social imprinting, in which case it’s only a matter of time until these b*st*rds are getting credit cards and moving to the suburbs and buying large screen televisions.

“Call of the Mild”

• Matt Staggs | Nov 6, 2013 at 11:14 am |

I’m more concerned that there will be retribution for my own firm spay and neuter policy.

• Calypso_1 | Nov 6, 2013 at 11:27 am |

Good Lord McGonagle! Your new Avatar is stunning!

• Liam_McGonagle | Nov 6, 2013 at 12:27 pm |

Merci beaucoups, monsieur Calypso.

After I saw this documentary about Nabil Shaban’s quest for Ivarr the “Boneless” I acquired an immense respect for Shaban that had totally eluded me when I only knew him as ‘Sil’ from Dr. Who.

2. emperorreagan | Nov 6, 2013 at 10:51 am |

Here is my proposed retribution: victim gets to shove a nightstick up each involved party’s ass 6 times (doctors, cops, judge, hospital administrators, etc.). Shown on pay-per-view and the victim gets to keep the proceeds.

3. Calypso_1 | Nov 6, 2013 at 11:15 am |

Not only did the ‘exam’ occur outside the warrants jurisdiction, the endoscopy probing occurred 3 hours after the warrant expired.

4. Posthuman | Nov 6, 2013 at 12:22 pm |

Its a shame they didn’t find diarrhea. A lot of it…

5. Punctuated Colon | Nov 6, 2013 at 1:35 pm |

all i can say is

:O

6. Conspiracy Carrot | Nov 6, 2013 at 2:29 pm |

Freedom is toast.

7. And to think that the police wanted to be seen as your local supportive friend back in the day. We can thank Reagan for the abusive police we see today.

8. That fucking cat captures my sentiments exactly about this story!

9. Woobniggurath | Nov 6, 2013 at 10:30 pm |

Almost make me want to BE a lawyer. Oh how I hope it’s an HCA hospital.

10. Eric_D_Read | Nov 6, 2013 at 11:42 pm |

Land of the free.
    So the guy’s gonna get a big payout and MAYBE the doctor and/or cop lose their jobs.
    Call me psychotic, but I wouldn’t be satisfied with anything other than screams and blood. I wouldn’t even care if I got caught.

11. what happens when citizens begin to stand up for their constitutional rights and refuse with FORCE to be searched. Cops have no right to intrude on our constitutional rights and more and more citizens are realizing this. I carry 75% of time and hit my target 95% of the time. I stick and move, Jab and groove and refuse to be abused under the guise of law or safety.
    STAND UP AMERICAN OR BECOME FURTHER IMPRISONED.