Black Santa Shot in the Back with Pellet Gun While News Crew Films

22 Comments on "Black Santa Shot in the Back with Pellet Gun While News Crew Films"

1. InfvoCuernos | Dec 24, 2013 at 7:15 pm |

Why the racism tag? Just because it happened to black Santa doesn’t mean it was racially motivated. If you notice, he is walking through a predominantly black neighborhood. It is rotten though, whoever the fuck did it.

• jasonpaulhayes | Dec 24, 2013 at 7:48 pm |

One of the kids in the video said “A (inaudible) kid was hanging out the window” I’m pretty sure he said “White” or White Haired” kid but there were several people speaking at once and a prop plane flying over.

• “DC is the most segregated city in the country” and “predominantly black” is a bit of an understatement for Anacostia. And this was at Barry Farm, a massive housing project just north of the intersection of MLK Jr and Malcolm X Aves.
      I can’t think of a worse possible place for a white guy to do something racist.

• Calypso_1 | Dec 26, 2013 at 7:51 pm |

DC isn’t even in the top quartile of black/white racial dissimilarity indexing and is ranked 88th among metro populations for segregation based on the most recent census data.

• You’re speaking of the DC metro area rather than the District itself.

DCs population about doubles during the workday due to (mostly white) tourists and commuters from the suburbs. Naturally, they’re working with federal agencies, all located near each other, where white residents are already clustered.

This really screws up the statistics. And the city.

(the Anacostia river and Rock Creek Park are like demilitarized zones)

• Calypso_1 | Dec 26, 2013 at 10:33 pm |

The stats are residential only and metro area refers to greater metropolitan area which includes burbs. Commuters & tourists have no impact on the numbers.

• Excluding commuters and tourists (as census data does) and including the whole metro area significantly affect a dissimilarity index since it’s based on distributions across an area:

Washington, DC-MD-VA-WV (Metro) Dissimilarity Index: 66.2
            Washington, DC (City) Dissimilarity Index: 81.5

Compare to the #1 most segregated metro area (according to white/black measure on censusscope.org):

Gary, IN (Metro) Dissimilarity Index: 87.9
            Gary, IN (City) Dissimilarity Index: 65

Anyway, DC may not be the most segregated city in America, but saying it is is a mantra in Anacostia/Southeast. I guess emotion conquers reason when you can see the Capitol building that’s 0% impoverished and 92% white from your neighborhood that’s 50% impoverished and 92% black.

• Calypso_1 | Dec 27, 2013 at 2:40 am |

DC is not the Southeast. I live within walking distance of the 16th St Baptist Church. Emotion/Reason related to the racial divide are living issues in our community like few others.

• Southeast is just DC-speak for the Anacostia area.
            I know what you mean, though. Used to live down in Montgomery. I’ve never seen a Klan rally in DC. Wish I could say the same about AL.

• Calypso_1 | Dec 27, 2013 at 11:19 am |

Lived there as well. Montgomery is a horrible place.

2. jasonpaulhayes | Dec 24, 2013 at 7:33 pm |

Helter Skelter !

Whenever I see Black Santa it reminds me of seeing an Aztec Calendar on the back of a Low-Rider surrounded by Mary and Xian Saints… I’m certain I read “Chinga Tu Madre” spray painted on the back of a Aztec Pyramid.

• I frequently find Manson’s words to be interesting. It’s easier to absorb when he’s mellower though.

• jasonpaulhayes | Dec 26, 2013 at 7:00 pm |

He’s guilty of being a lot of things, being mellow and uninteresting are not among them.

• I think he got bored of playing into people’s expectations of a monster. Maybe I am wrong, I did notice that he doesn’t act as he used to. I am not an expert on him, so I am ok with being inaccurate with this notice.

• jasonpaulhayes | Dec 26, 2013 at 7:31 pm |

Some Monsters are caged while others run free… “Eclipse the Golden Mirror and the reflection is set free.”

3. Calypso_1 | Dec 24, 2013 at 8:44 pm |

I’d like to see them try that with Krampus.

4. bohemiangirl | Dec 25, 2013 at 10:10 am |

Yeah, I don’t understand why the word “black” is there either… is it a qualifier? Disclaimer? Inciter? As his race has nothing to do with what happened, it shouldn’t be in the headline.