George Zimmerman Is Now Selling Original Oil Paintings On eBay

paintingsTaking into account the abysmal artistic quality, six-figure price, and notoriety of its creator, could this be considered the worst art in American history? Tampa’s Bay News 9 reports that George Zimmerman is selling his signed paintings on eBay and bidding is skyrocketing:

It appears George Zimmerman has turned to painting, and is selling his own, original artwork on eBay not one week after prosecutors dropped domestic violence charges against him.

Zimmerman’s brother, Robert Zimmerman Jr., has confirmed the auction is real, and said the painting is, indeed, the work of his brother, who was acquitted of murder in July for the 2012 shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford.

The painting’s starting bid was set at $50, plus an additional $40 for expedited shipping from Sanford, according to the auction page. As of 10:50 p.m. Monday, the leading bid was $99,966.

34 Comments on "George Zimmerman Is Now Selling Original Oil Paintings On eBay"

1. DJBabyBuster | Dec 18, 2013 at 2:09 pm |

This is fucking despicable, and worse still the supportive comments he’s received and posted in the questions answered make me sick. I hope he answers my question: How do you sleep at night?

2. Ted Heistman | Dec 18, 2013 at 2:23 pm |

Seems like a good idea…

3. mannyfurious | Dec 18, 2013 at 3:06 pm |

Jesus. The world is a terrible place….

• Ted Heistman | Dec 18, 2013 at 3:30 pm |

Maybe I should cater to rich vigilantes with my art. The New Age Hippies keep favoriting my stuff on ETSY but not buying it.

• I’ll trade you a grilled cheese sandwich for the one on top left.

• Ted Heistman | Dec 18, 2013 at 5:16 pm |

That’s sold actually. But I could make you your own totem portrait for $50! Some trendy hipster sandwich joint somewhere probably charges that much for a Grilled cheese!

• You drive a hard bargain, two grilled cheese sandwiches.

Seriously though, even the $10 pieces are out of my range. Cool stuff though.

• VaudeVillain | Dec 18, 2013 at 6:57 pm |

Shouldn’t be hard to make that happen: just dumb down your work, shoot a black kid, and you’re good to go.

• mannyfurious | Dec 19, 2013 at 10:43 am |

Haha. Nice. From my experience, the New Age Hippies often have a lot of money themselves (those who aren’t transient-types, that is). Cheapskates.

• Ted Heistman | Dec 19, 2013 at 11:03 am |

I must be the transient type, Lol!

I am having some luck. I shouldn’t complain. I made $200 last month. I just have to keep making stuff. That’s the main thing.

• Needs more blood. That’ll get rid of them. 😉

• Jin The Ninja | Dec 19, 2013 at 1:34 pm |

many moons ago, for a senior art project i used blood from a chinatown pig’s liver to ‘simulate’ blood in a (naked) crucifixion of our lady of guadalupe piece. needless to say it was not displayed on the wall alongside the other senior art projects. and my teacher was a very nice, hippyish woman who gave me a grimace and an ‘A.’

4. CosmicAmazing | Dec 18, 2013 at 3:31 pm |

I guess it’s true.. There’s no such thing as bad press coverage. Maybe he should start selling self portraits of himself as targets. Capitalize on his fame as much as he can. Good way to make the haters pay your bills for ya 😉

5. Calypso_1 | Dec 18, 2013 at 3:33 pm |

He and GW should show together.

• Ted Heistman | Dec 18, 2013 at 3:39 pm |

Dubya seems to have more talent, which seems ironic to say…

• Calypso_1 | Dec 19, 2013 at 12:45 pm |

‘Talent’ and ‘Irony’ are both terms are would prefer to exclude in descriptions of either of these persons.

• Ted Heistman | Dec 19, 2013 at 1:35 pm |

Well, I don’t know. Dubya may have been making art. I mean it was hobbyist type art and he didn’t mean to have it foisted upon the public, but I have to say its more art that this Flag abomination.

6. Ted Heistman | Dec 18, 2013 at 3:33 pm |

It should be displayed with this audio in an endless loop

7. IMO, this would be better art if someone pissed on it.

8. American Cannibal | Dec 18, 2013 at 4:24 pm |

Whatever it takes to keep this killer off the streets, I’m OK with his new hobby.

9. gustave courbet | Dec 18, 2013 at 5:51 pm |

As a professional artist, I can assure everyone that Zimmerman’s image does not meet the minimum level of intellectual rigor, emotional honesty, or technical competency to be considered art, thus leaving the field’s reputation intact. It may be happily displayed next to the collection of Thomas Kinkade paintings that the purchaser no doubt owns, without risk of creating cognitive dissonance or sparking any sort of introspective inquiry, be it spiritual, intellectual, emotional, etc.

• mannyfurious | Dec 19, 2013 at 1:01 pm |

Damn dude, Kinkade was a modestly talented, fascist asshole. But he never shot a black kid and got away with it.

I’m sure Zimmerman’s work will sit comfortably next to all the confederate flags and “don’t tread on me, bro” posters in the home it’s sure to end up in, though.

• Ted Heistman | Dec 19, 2013 at 1:36 pm |

Yeah, that’s it in a nutshell.

• gustave courbet | Dec 20, 2013 at 11:22 am |

Ha, maybe Kinkade never had the opportunity Zimmerman did. Maybe all those idyllic cabins he painted look like Jeffery Dahmer’s apartment on the inside…

• mannyfurious | Dec 20, 2013 at 12:35 pm |

That’s now actually my preferred method of perceiving/interpreting Kinkade’s paintings. Thanks for that.

10. DeepCough | Dec 18, 2013 at 10:41 pm |

You are no John Wayne Gacy, George Zimmerman.

11. Someone elsewhere discovered the original Shutterstock photo used as a line-for-line reference. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if he projected it onto his canvas as a B&W, painting it blue. Probably took about an hour all together. Someone prior should be getting a major chunk of the profits. They did the real work before his GSR stained mitts got involved. My understand is this was not public domain. To my eye, it’s too close to be considered artist license. Maybe he’ll get sued.

12. Ted Heistman | Dec 19, 2013 at 11:08 am |

I still don’t hate this guy. I think his art is pretty bad, but once gain hating him doesn’t make one a good person. That seems to be the logic some people are following.

• Ted Heistman | Dec 19, 2013 at 11:10 am |

I think Zimmerman made a mistake and he and Trayvon were on a collision course. It may not have been Zimmerman, it may not have been Trayvon, but both these guys were heading towards violence.

• Ted Heistman | Dec 19, 2013 at 11:37 am |

Yes, I am having a conversation with my self. I see the other side too which is gross. I don’t think Zimmerman was a racist himself, but he is popular with a lot of people who seem very racist, basically because he shot a black kid. He is cashing in on the worst mimetic garbage of The Flag and ra ra ra vigilantism.

But still, if some other young wanna be thug black kid shot Martin, this wouldn’t be news. Why? Because he wasn’t as cute in his 12 year old school picture?

13. Chumpie Jawns | Dec 20, 2013 at 4:48 pm |

First of all, get your facts straight…he used interior latex house paint, not oils.