Remember Tila Tequila, the MySpace (what?) starlet? Well anyway she’s still garnering more than her share of attention but she has to make more and more outlandish claims. The Washington Post reports:
…Tequila’s claims are a special kind of explosive, a bizarre cocktail of the biggest fringe conspiracy theories and occult movements of the past several years. In a nutshell, she believes that:
1) She is descended from an alien race who came from the stars;
2) she is an angel, a queen, and possibly the latest iteration of the Egyptian goddess Isis;
3) she can travel through time and space and has, in the process, fallen in love with Nicola Tesla;
4) humanity is controlled by a “New World Order” composed of Illuminati, Satanists, Zionists and lizard-people;
5) this NWO has succeeded in engineering and covering up just about everything you think you know, including World War II, 9/11 and Paul Walker’s death;
6) a judgment day/reckoning/space battle is coming, in which Tila and her kind will fight the NWO to save the human race;
7) all of Tila’s Facebook haters, a.k.a. brainwashed propagandists, will perish in the battle.
This is, as many people have pointed out, utterly crazy. It’s also, as when Tila suggests Hitler was “a man of compassion,” extremely offensive and vile. But the craziest and most offensive part of the whole thing is that Tila is actually speaking for a large coalition of people — an entire ragtag Internet crew of truthers and occultists and NWO-fighters who have spent years carving out online niches much quieter, but no less explosive, than Tila’s.
We’ll leave the speculation on the sanity of those claims, and of Tila herself, to people like the Daily Dot’s Audra Schroeder, who wrote a great post on that subject Tuesday. But let’s talk for a minute about where these ideas actually come from, with the help of some of Tila’s recent posts. (This should hopefully be clear, but in the event it’s not: Tila’s writing is in bold; mine is not.)…
[continues at the Washington Post]
Latest posts by majestic (see all)
- Creatives, designers and drugs: what are they on, and why? - May 16, 2016
- Why We Keep Dreaming of Little Green Men - May 15, 2016
- What Is The Value Of Conspiracy? - May 13, 2016