Electric Shock Gives Man Permanent Stars In His Eyes

starryA whole new way to see the world via ABC News:

The unidentified man, 42, developed star-shaped cataracts after being shocked by 14,000 volts of electricity on his shoulder.

According to a case report in the New England Journal of Medicine, four weeks after being shocked the man sought medical help when his eyesight started to deteriorate. He was able to regain his sight after doctors performed cataract surgery.

While the cataracts were fixable, further deterioration in his vision left him legally blind although he was able to read by using visual aids. In an earlier study on another man who spontaneously developed star-shaped cataracts, doctors theorized that “shock-waves” caused the unusual pattern.

, , , ,

21
More in Accidents, eyeballs, eyes, medical oddity
Your Guide to Eating Brains, Balls and Eyeballs

I am un chien... Andalusia! HuffPo: Like "awful" with an "o," offal refers to the nasty bits we normally consider inedible. Recently, the ever-experimental American foodie culture started digging around...

Close